Honored Contributor

Silly thing, but I'm so excited!

My son was here cooking with me last week and I was grumbling to him about not having enough kitchen cupboard space for my pots and pans.  I had to be very creative to stow it all away, because I cannot stand clutter of any kind. 

Well, I came home from work this past Thursday and to my surprise he had been here in the morning and installed shelves in one of our basement closets. I couldn't believe it! I had so much fun filling it up! 

My granddaughter is here for the weekend, but as soon as she leaves I'm going to get busy reorganizing my kitchen cupboards that now have space in them!

I know this is silly, but I thought if anyone could understand my excitement it would be my kitchen forum friends!

BTW, he wanted me to wait so he could paint everything, but I just couldn't.  Hopefully I'll have time to do it this summer when I'm not working.

Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 9.35.06 AM.png

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: Silly thing, but I'm so excited!

What a nice thing for him to do! 

Super Contributor

Oh how nice! I love to have enough storage space to be able to place all my "stuff", and to be able to see and easily get to each item is the cherry on top! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Not silly at all!  I would be excited too.  That sure was thoughtful of your son to do...and a surprise as well!  👍

Respected Contributor

@house_cat.  What a clever sweet young man!  It looks great and I completely understand your excitement.  Had a conversation with my son last night as I've decluttered in my kitchen this past week and I told him how good it feels.

On to declutter the top floor next week, that has been my plan to achieve after tax day.

I'd love to add shelves like yours, what a great use of space!

Honored Contributor

@house_cat What a good son!  That was so nice of him!

I understand that you are excited about two things....that he did something so nice without being asked...and now you can organize your things better.  That is always exciting!

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat 

What a wonderful surprise and a fabulous thing for your son to do for his mom. Enjoy organizing and rearranging....I totally get why you are excited!

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

What a good son you've raised!  I totally get your excitement,  

Respected Contributor

Not silly at all. Such a very loving thing to do. Enjoy your gd and your shelves---so full of love.

Respected Contributor

In our last house .. we had a nice dry basement .. I had shelves down

there for the cooking stuff I didn't use everyday .... no sense fighting

with a waffle iron or cheesecake pan to get to a pot or pan ....