Trusted Contributor

Look for Sanders topping and order it from Amazon if you can. I get a pkg from that jerk Bezos almost daily.

Woman Happy

dee

Honored Contributor

I make my own for my husband's sundaes.  It can be stored in the fridge and reheated on the stove:

1 stick butter

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup heavy cream

2 tsp light corn syrup

1 tsp vanilla

Stir butter and brown sugar in saucepan over medium-high heat until bubbly and reaching 340 degrees.  Take off heat and slowly whisk in cream until smooth.  Stir in corn syrup and vanilla. 

Respected Contributor

@SharkE Some times you can find it in the Dollar Tree , or Dollar General. I've found it there before.

Respected Contributor

Try Amazon.

I couldn't find their mixed fruit jelly locally and I found it there.

Honored Contributor

Go to Amazon and buy a dozen or whatever you can comfortably afford.  I got a dozen Smuckers Fruit and Honey blueberry with lemon jam sometime ago when our markets quit carrying it.  Now some enterprising third party sellers are offering it for as much as 28.99 for two jars.  Luckily I have a local source that makes homemade jam much cheaper.   

Honored Contributor

I have found those locaters are not that accurate for specific items.  Basically, it means the store carries that brand, not the particular flavor you're interested in.  At least that's been my experience.

@SharkE I hear you about discontinuing favorite items.  Another company bought out and immediately discontinued my favorite bread.  Now, the only one I can find I like is the Kroger Signature brand Oat & Honey, which means I have to make a special trip to Kroger to get bread since I mostly shop at Publix.  

I don't care for butterscotch, but you know that highly popular chocolate/hazlenut spread?  Well, ONCE, I found and bought a dark chocolate version, and then it immediately disappeared from store shelves.  Don't know if it was the same brand, but couldn't find it anywhere.  And then there was my favorite Ben & Jerry's Mudslide ice cream, and the pomegranate frozen fruit bars that have also disappeared.  Oh, and Kelly's Chili and Derby Tamales.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess - I agree with you about the online locators in general, but in this case, if you check the link I shared, you are able to pick a specific product and find a store where it is sold; there's not just an indication of the brand being available.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Icegoddess - I agree with you about the online locators in general, but in this case, if you check the link I shared, you are able to pick a specific product and find a store where it is sold; there's not just an indication of the brand being available.

@loriqvc, I have seen that to be the case even when you can pick the exact product.  In fact, you usually CAN pick the exact product, but when you go to the store they don't have it.  So, just because you can pick the product and then the locator doesn't mean the store actually stocks that product.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I make my own for my husband's sundaes.  It can be stored in the fridge and reheated on the stove:

1 stick butter

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup heavy cream

2 tsp light corn syrup

1 tsp vanilla

Stir butter and brown sugar in saucepan over medium-high heat until bubbly and reaching 340 degrees.  Take off heat and slowly whisk in cream until smooth.  Stir in corn syrup and vanilla. 

Thank you ! I got this recipe around here somewheres this will save me trotting after to find it.   I copied it out ! gonna make today after I get back from flea market .

Respected Contributor

Do you have a Super Target near you? They carry it. I just saw it the other day. I was trying to decide between Butterscotch and Caramel (they carry both).

I live in North Texas and we have lots of Target stores (with good grocery sections).