Trusted Contributor

Re: Should I Throw Out This Bacon?

[ Edited ]

Throw it out.  How much is a slab of bacon vs. a potential trip to the ER?

"Staying safe by staying home"

~Put food in front of me, and I will eat it.~.                                                                                                                        

CD8C359E-2365-4FEA-8E83-3AFCED360D23.gif                                                                                       

Respected Contributor

Glad you tossed it out. I sure would have too. I dont take chances ever with food. I have probaby thrown out perfectly fine food, but was not sure for one reason or another!

Respected Contributor

@EatWell    How did you put that ant on your reply Smiley Happy Smiley Happy So Cool.

Trusted Contributor
Honored Contributor

@millieshops 

Great idea⏲...I started doing this at night since I get second wind and start projects sometimes at 10pm.  So I started setting the timer just in case I fall asleep when I'm taking a "break"😉

Last night I was cooking a turkey breast-- (too hot to do during the day although we have a/c) .made sure I set the ⏲and ⏰ clock...yummm turkey sandwiches for dinner and rest for the freezer🙂🙂

Esteemed Contributor

Be safe & throw it out .... better safe than sorry 🥵

Valued Contributor

Sitting out for at least 8 hours. Absolutely you should throw it out. And by the way, food doesn't have to smell bad to be bad. Not all causes of food poisoning cause the food to smell bad. If it did, people would just smell the food to see if it was spoiled. But that isn't the case. Food can smell perfectly fine but not be. 

Food poisoning is awful. It's never worth the risk. If in doubt, throw it out.

Respected Contributor

I’d eat it.
Respected Contributor

@cuddlesmama Be safe and throw it out. Or fib and tell the store it was bad when it bought it.They will replace it. We have had bad food brought home lately.

Respected Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

@cuddlesmama Be safe and throw it out. Or fib and tell the store it was bad when it bought it.They will replace it. We have had bad food brought home lately.

@BeccaLou That would be dishonest and I can't believe you would even say that.

Shame on you!