Trusted Contributor

@Zhills - Thank you for the recipe.  I grew up eating my Grandmother and Mom's stuffed cabbage. It was kind of sweet and sour.  My husband isn't fond of it so I don't want to go to all the trouble of "stuffed cabbage" just for me.  This version is much easier so I can adjust the recipe for a smaller amount for me.

Respected Contributor

We like this recipe from One Lovely Life blog.

Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies

One Lovely Life

Mix and match your favorite veggies here! Feel free to substitute butternut squash or sweet potatoes for the regular potatoes, or mix in your favorites (like zucchini, broccoli, etc.)

Ingredients

• 1 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil (more, if needed)
  • 12 oz pre-cooked link sausage, cut into rounds (like pork or turkey kielbasa, chicken sausages, Andouille, smoked sausage, etc.)
  • 2-3 medium Yukon Gold or red potatoes, cut into 1/2″ cubes
  • 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 bell peppers, seeded and diced into 1″ pieces
  • 1 onion, diced into 1″ pieces
  • 1/2-1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2-1 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 3-4 Tbsp fresh herbs (like cilantro, parsley, dill, or basil)
  • Optional: a pinch of red pepper flakes

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
  2. Drizzle olive oil on a baking sheet. Add sausage, potatoes, mushrooms, peppers, and onion, to pan. Sprinkle with garlic and onion powder, salt, and pepper (and red pepper flakes, if using). Stir to combine very well, adding more oil if needed.
  3. Shake to distribute as well as you can (pan will be quite full). Bake 25 minutes. Stir, then bake another 25 minutes or so, until veggies are caramelizing and sausage is browned.
  4. Sprinkle with herbs and stir to combine. Serve immediately.

Note: I often add zucchini or yellow squash, and put it in at the midway point, so it doesn't get mushy.

Honored Contributor

Interesting.  I have never heard sheet pan dinners.