Honored Contributor

I had the blade and insert lined up per the instructions.Also made sure the tab under the blade was lined up with the machine. Before putting any food in - the machine was moving back and forth with no problems. Made sure food cut to the necessary size to fit in. Food was not stuck on or in the machine when it stopped.  DH read the manual and looked at how I had assembled everything and said looked good and if not done correctly the power wouldn’t turn the machine on. Taking a break from cooking and might try another blade later. Received the return label. I really hate trying to repack anything and especially trying to return something. Probably wait until you receive yours and see how yours works for you. I plugged my Cuisinart chopper in where I had the mandolin and within two minutes had the onions and peppers chopped. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

Been playing with mine you just lift the lid to remove it.

I'm having trouble trying to figure out which is the thin slice blade and which is the thick slice blade

one said EBc on it , other EB D

how do you tell since they don't label nothing which blade is which

and that orange blade doesn't have an insert does it? don't see any matching color

Honored Contributor

I lift the lid by the chute and pull up it's running good far as that goes

Honored Contributor

E1-C E1=Thin, E1-D E1Thick

E1A E1= Julienne, E1-B E1Fine Julienne

Orange Blade- no insert

Cant lift my lid by the chute- still prying it off. Been busy watching more videos. Chopped tomato and onions.Still noF6664F96-8436-4F9C-B886-4990E8A0D25D.jpegpepper.🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ Tomatoes do better if you put them in the refrigerator for a few minutes and forgot to do that. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

Yours CE or Dash? Any plastic lid for the container to store the accessories? Yep- nosy- Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

I was going good till I tried using the dicer now I can't get the lid off either guess I'll have to send back.

How did you start your return, call Nordstrom rack ?

Honored Contributor

It says cooks essentials on the use and care book

C*ap I really wanted that to work now I got to pack up that mess and send back.   ****

Honored Contributor

OK, I figured that out. We have to pay 6 to return it and it's their fault it's defective.  I was afraid to try to pry it off because if damaged they're not gonna take it back , so, now I got to pop the onion out of it someway and return it.

What a mess !

Honored Contributor

I'll mail mine Mon. and suppose to get back 43 and change.

Thought it was to good to be true ! 

animated-smileys-angry-043.gif

Honored Contributor

Back of manual- customer support : 1-800-898-6970. I will try later to do the bell peppers again. Really hate to repack and send back, but processing lid still difficult to remove. I feel bad that you are having trouble with yours 😩😩😩😩 Southern Bee.