Honored Contributor

Re: Share Some Odd or Obscure Cookbooks You Have

I have my grandmother's 1950 Betty Crocker cookbook and my 1970 of the same book (my basic go to).

I have many church cook books, some from the book store  and of course the treasured Chelsea's Tea Room cookbook with the super yummy pasta salad!  I have met SO many friends there for lunch when I taught.  Also, I was the owner's flower girl in her wedding.Smiley Happy

In Chelsea's Kitchen | Recipes from Asheville's famed tea room | Kitchen  cookbook, Tea room, Cookbook

Trusted Contributor

The oldest cookbook that I have, has to be close to a hundred years old now.

It's original and not a reproduction.

It was written as a promotional item that came with an old electric refrigerator. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

LOL  I've never met a cookbook I haven't loved.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have my grandmother's 1950 Betty Crocker cookbook and my 1970 of the same book (my basic go to).

I have many church cook books, some from the book store  and of course the treasured Chelsea's Tea Room cookbook with the super yummy pasta salad!  I have met SO many friends there for lunch when I taught.  Also, I was the owner's flower girl in her wedding.Smiley Happy

In Chelsea's Kitchen | Recipes from Asheville's famed tea room | Kitchen  cookbook, Tea room, Cookbook

Is there any way you could let us know the pasta salad recipe? It's a favorite food for me and I'd love a great recipe of it.  If not, it's ok. @ECBG 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

"  Meals Tested, Tasted and Approved " Good Housekeeping Institute copyright 1930

"American Food , The Gastronomic Story " by Evan Jones 1975

" McCall's Cook Book " copyright 1963

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Is there any way you could let us know the pasta salad recipe? It's a favorite food for me and I'd love a great recipe of it.  If not, it's ok. @ECBG 

@qualitygal 

Several of the recipes including the pasta salad are in this thread.  Enjoy!Smiley Happy

Making Chelsea's Tea Room Pasta Salad This Evening - Page 2 - Blogs & Forums (qvc.com)

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  Thank you so much, I copied it.  Woo Hoo.

Frequent Contributor

I have the QVC Mr Food book, too.  Just pulled it out last week.  In the past have made Baked Ziti, French Toast Loaf ( it was good but more like bread pudding ), Pat James Mother's Apple Cake, Potato Chip Cookies, just to name a few.  Enjoyed them all.  Nice trip down memory lane.