Not applicable

Shades arent as bright as they used to be

I have green Old World temptations that I ordered about 5 years ago. I recently ordered some new pieces and the soup/sandwich pieces. I was disappointed in how light the green is now. My original ones have a lot of strokes and are a bright green . These really don't match.
Honored Contributor

Re: Shades arent as bright as they used to be

There has always been a real inconsistency in the coloring of Temp-tations products, and Old World seems to be the worst for this. I, over the years, have received green OW products in shades from a light grassy/lime green with almost white background, to a very dark army green with an almost brownish wash in the background. There seems to be no standard shade/darkness of the colors in general. I'm guessing they have multiple factories producing their wares, and little quality control. My favorite, no matter what color, is when they are darker and deeper, with a more "muddied" background, and no white spaces around the flower.

Super Contributor

I'm not complaining but the ""Cranberry"" shade in Floral Lace seems more ""Brown"" than it used to be.

Frequent Contributor

I collect Old World Yellow. I have a variety of yellow colors from light yellow to a golden yellow color. Some have a white background others more cream. It's always a surprise when I order a new piece. Old World Spice is the same. It varies from orange to rust. Color consistency is a problem.
Not applicable

I agree that the colors are so much more darker. I want to know where the bright yellow has gone. I have not seen yellow in the different pieces for quite a while. I do not like the mustered color of the polka dot. Please bring back bright and pretty yellow PLEASE.

Honored Contributor

When Lilac was still available, I returned one set because it was more pink than my original lilac. I haven't ordered any TT since and probably won't. The newer lilac was definitely pink.