Honored Contributor

Re: Seriously, is this a normal portion for an adult man?

@Poodlepet2

None of this is new to us, unfortunately. He was diagnosed with RA two years ago, but he has spine and neck problems that are actually more painful and debilating.  He doesn't really have to complain to me - it's clear when he's in pain, which is pretty much all the time.  His mom was diagnosed with RA when she was much older, so she warned her sons to be aware, as treatment is more effective if you catch it early.  I'm sure the fact that he's not as active as he used to be contributes to his poor apetite.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@Poodlepet2

None of this is new to us, unfortunately. He was diagnosed with RA two years ago, but he has spine and neck problems that are actually more painful and debilating.  He doesn't really have to complain to me - it's clear when he's in pain, which is pretty much all the time.  His mom was diagnosed with RA when she was much older, so she warned her sons to be aware, as treatment is more effective if you catch it early.  I'm sure the fact that he's not as active as he used to be contributes to his poor apetite.

I dont understand how he goes all day without eating. Nothing???  Or is it that he doesnt sit down and eat three squares?  Does he smoke?

Honored Contributor

@house_cat   We need to go cook for mama June and honey boo boo

we're cooking for the runway models. Just put down a bowl of greens with carrots and pitcher of water and let them graze. LOL

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie

I don't understand it either.  He doesn't smoke, but he has several cups of coffee each day... and no, he doesn't graze or pick, he eats NOTHING until dinnertime.  Today, for instance, he went to the Science March here in Los Angeles. He was gone for several hours - there were food trucks and vendors.  Do you think he ate anything? Nope.

@SharkE

That's funny because I always told him he eats like a woman out on a first date.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Just have to let him be, I guess. Everybody has their own ways. Hard for me to comprehend.  why I'll always be on the chunky monkey side. Not fat, but, could lose 10-20 depending on whose doing the judging.

My hubbo can take out handfull of chips, fries, whatever and that's that.

Eat few minature choc bars from the Halloween candy. I'd sit and eat the whole bag and keep reaching for more. LOL

Why I have to be so strict on week days and turn myself loose on weekends. Now, I'm on a skinny pop kick. Gawdy, that's good popcorn and low calorie and high fiber.

7_12_6.gif

Trusted Contributor

I think it is a small portion and that 150 is very thin for your husband's height, but I am no expert, maybe that us why I weigh more than 150. My husband is 5'10" and weighs 174. He is very thin. If he lost almost 25 pounds to make him 150 I am sure he would look like he was terminally ill.