Respected Contributor

Sept. 24 Today is NATIONAL CHERRIES JUBILEE DAY link to recipe.....

Super Contributor

Re: Sept. 24 Today is NATIONAL CHERRIES JUBILEE DAY link to recipe.....

Ohhhh thanks for posting that recipe link Barbara. I love Cherries Jubilee but have never made them at home. I have fond memories of them and it is one of my favorite desserts. When I was growing up we had a restaurant called the Magic Pan that did crepes. My mom would take me shopping and then we would go there for lunch or dessert crepes as a treat after, and I would always get the Cherries Jubilee crepes. They were so delicious. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

From food reference.com:

Cherries Jubilee is a dessert created by Auguste Escoffier in honor of Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee. It consists of cherries flamed tableside with sugar and Kirsch (cherry brandy) spooned over vanilla ice cream.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I love sour cherry pie with crumb topping. I've never made Cherries Jubilee.

Jules, ... I've been thinking of and wondering about MistriTSquirrel the last several days. Have you heard anything from her? I know her dad died not too long after you lost your beloved dad. I hope she is doing well.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Super Contributor

Hi Anika, I'm afraid I have not heard from her and I also have wondered how she is doing. She often crosses my mind, but the last I read she seemed to be having a difficult time. I can definitely relate to her loss and have had some pretty dark days myself. There were times she and I seemed to be walking similar paths. I pray she is doing alright and has some support. It's sweet that you ask about her. {#emotions_dlg.wub}