Respected Contributor

Re: Seeking advice on pressure cooker brands

I have a 6 qt. IP and don't care for it at all.  It's sitting in a closet.

Honored Contributor

IP

one of the main reasons we went with it, the SS pot. 

I don't have issues over using non stick pans, but the longevity of the finish was an issue

this pot goes in the dishwasher and I wash the ring in there too

Honored Contributor

I just bought the 6 qt Instant Pot from AMZ---tried to get it on Prime Day but huge snafu all day at the website made it so I missed out--however---I did complain to AMZ about it and I ended up with $30 credit which I used towards this PC and got it for $49 !!!! Awesome---I have been using QVC Technique p/c for close to 20 years now---just a basic design but have loved it and use it still, often. Would like more bells and whistles and more room now,---my QVC one is 4 qt. Am thinking of maybe canning in the Instant Pot. It is a huge time saver and I will suggest you look at Bob Wardens p/c cookbooks---both are the best!!!

Respected Contributor

Acccording to the program guide, there will be a new instant pot shown on Sunday in the afternoon.  Am curious about this.

Trusted Contributor

@CLEM

I saw it this morning and was very tempted. I'm also looking at the Ultra. Been wanting an instant pot for awhile. Reviews on the ultra are very good, but the few bad ones are very bad. The most common complaint is the learning curve and not enough instruction in the manual. The one on the q is a 9 in one and the ultra is a 10 in one. Decisions, decisions. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Renata22  I don't think it makes much of a difference which one you get.  It really is just a pressure cooker.  There is also a brand new cooks essentials one and lots of people like that.   Why not wait for the demonstration and see from there.  It's a great price.

Trusted Contributor

@CLEM

Yeah, I'm not ready to get one yet. I have a really good one and am totally happy with it. I said I would wait for it to go out before I would get an instant pot. I love the idea of the stainless pot. That is the one thing I don't like about mine. It's the power cooker xl and it has a coating that is hard to get clean. Sometimes hubby brings mine to work for one thing or another. Would be good to have an extra one sometimes. At least, it sounded good in my head. I use it so much, I do have to plan when he takes it.

Anyway, thanks for the advice and have a great day!

Contributor

I have the 6 qt Duo Plus 9 in 1.I love it but I find I don't use the presets much as most recipes say how long to pressure cook at high or low anjd if you need quick or slow release. It makes awsesome cheesecake and the chickpeas I cooked from dry made way creamier hummus than the onesI used to do on the stove. Fall off the bone ribs and whole chickens are also amazing.  I also use it for my steel cut oats with apples and craisins.No extra sugar added. I don't peel the apples either.

Super Contributor

Tyak,

I'm curious as to why you don't like your IP and why it's sitting in a closet. Everyone, of course, has a right to their own opinion, but I must say you are in an extreme minority. The vast majority of IP owners absolutely love their Instant Pots. The Instant Pot Community Facebook group as of this morning has over 1,480,973 members. 

Anyone considering purchasing an Instant Pot, whether the Viva or any other model, please don't be swayed by Tyak's opinion, especially when she hasn't explained why she doesn't like her Instant Pot. Maybe she'll take it out of the closet and give it another try, or perhaps would give it to someone who'd love it. 

If any of you have any questions about the Instant Pot, just ask. I'm sure there are many of us here who could and would be happy to answer your questions.