Honored Contributor

Re: Scrub Daddy and glass stove tops

On 7/31/2014 ID2 said:
On 7/31/2014 PamelaSue72 said:

I actually tend to like the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers better for many cleaning projects than the Scrub Daddy.

I'm not a fan of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers at all! You have to be careful that they don't dull the surface that you are using them on! I found out the hard way! Used them up and down the hallway on the walls to remove scuffs. Took the paint finish off. Saw dull spots where I used the Eraser. Had to repaint the entire hallway! I'd hate to see the Eraser dull down the nice shiny stovetop surface!

I'm surprised. I do love the Magic Erasers, though, and use them on many things. They won't dull appliances for sure. But I also have used them extensively on walls. I painted most of my house and I used a satin finish (I love satin finish paint!) Behr paint. Magic Erasers have never taken anything away from the paint. I suppose it might depend on the paint. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

On 7/31/2014 chickenbutt said:
On 7/31/2014 ID2 said:
On 7/31/2014 PamelaSue72 said:

I actually tend to like the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers better for many cleaning projects than the Scrub Daddy.

I'm not a fan of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers at all! You have to be careful that they don't dull the surface that you are using them on! I found out the hard way! Used them up and down the hallway on the walls to remove scuffs. Took the paint finish off. Saw dull spots where I used the Eraser. Had to repaint the entire hallway! I'd hate to see the Eraser dull down the nice shiny stovetop surface!

I'm surprised. I do love the Magic Erasers, though, and use them on many things. They won't dull appliances for sure. But I also have used them extensively on walls. I painted most of my house and I used a satin finish (I love satin finish paint!) Behr paint. Magic Erasers have never taken anything away from the paint. I suppose it might depend on the paint. Smiley Happy

I do love the Magic Erasers, even the generic kind, and I have used them on my walls all the time to get rid of scuff marks, other little marks. They work like a charm on my walls, but I do think you have to use a very light hand and just increase pressure a little at a time.

I'm trying to think why I haven't used them on my stovetop ,but I don't think I ever tried them.

I'm starting to think there are just TOO MANY PRODUCTS out there, of all kinds. It's starting to make me crazy.

Respected Contributor

How about liquid BarKeeper's Friend???
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I use a combination of magic eraser, razor blade and the stove top cleaner mentioned above. The magic eraser is the top thing that keeps my stove clean.

Respected Contributor

I am decidedly clumsy: no laboratory me! What works really well for me is a paste of baking soda and kosher salt.

Poodlepet

Honored Contributor

U can buy this at Walmart and I think the $ store works well !

Weiman's glass cleaner

Super Contributor

I only use recommended product for my stove, Ceramabryte with cleaning pad. It was included with the purchase of my ceramic stove. There is nothing else better that I am aware of. They also instructed to use razor blade for stuck food particles.
Super Contributor

Take a microfiber cloth, soak it in a paste of equal parts of vinegar and baking soda in a tiny amount of hot water. Lay a thick coat on your stove top, pushing it into the stains, let it sit as long as you can. Later clean up with very hot water and clean cloths. You might need to use a fresh scrub daddy softened or you could repeat the procedure until you get desired effect.

Respected Contributor

I can't believe that I was talked into the Scrub Daddy TSV. I tried to clean my glass top twice, packed them up and sent them back. I live in Florida and my tap water did not get cold enough to harden the sponge as demonstrated. I sat and looked at that box of 10 Scrub Daddy's and wondered how I got talked into buying 10 sponges for a total cost of over $30. Hmm, the power of persuasion I guess.

Honored Contributor

I use Weiman's on my glass stop stove. It works fantastic. I buy it at Walmart. It's the heavy duty cleaning version of it. I think the label is black.