Super Contributor

Re: Scorched Stainless Steel Pot Help!

just did that last night- was on the phone and burnt my rice! SOS or Brillo will do the trick.Soak it first in hot water and soap and then use the steel wool pads-they are fine for stainless

Honored Contributor

It's a tough one, since there was nothing in the pan that burned ONTO the pan, but just the pan being burned.

Please let us know what works, k?  Smiley Happy

I've never done that so I'm clueless.  My first thought was, as mentioned by another poster, a 'stainless steel cleaner' or to try and hit it with one of my Mr Clean Magic Erasers.

I think some of the suggestions apply more to there being some food burned onto the steel, so that's probably why they may not work.  But having the steel get burned like that - ruh roh!    

Trusted Contributor

@kitty4me wrote:

I did something silly. I washed and put my Mark Charles Stainless Steel Multi Pot on the Stove and turned on to dry and forgot it for a bit. I realized shortly after what I did and well there is brown on the inside bottom. I tried Bar Keepers didn't help. Any ideas?

If everything else fails that you have been trying, was there any customer service information that came with the pot?

If there was, like a phone number, I would give them a call and see if anyone there has any information on how to get the pot clean, or if they can at least tell you if that stain would affect the pot.

I personally don't think that it would, as that has happened to so many of my pots where they have suffered from stuck-on food from me and despite my best efforts at scrubbing, there was still some slight brown staining left in the pot afterwards.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt you are right, I neever thought of that, most of these are for burned on FOOD...

Honored Contributor

Reminds me of a gal I knew who left bacon on the stove and forgot about it while she talked on the phone it burned down the kitchen area of her home! She had 3/4's of a house after that. Think she had insurance.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Reminds me of a gal I knew who left bacon on the stove and forgot about it while she talked on the phone it burned down the kitchen area of her home! She had 3/4's of a house after that. Think she had insurance.

Are there people who don't have insurance on their houses? Wow, that IS playing with fire...

Honored Contributor

The real poor, probably, like that show 'Swamp People'. They don't worry about stuff like we do . No insurance, eat road kill never see a dentist, etc.

I don't understand that show "ax men'. They make good money and they pull their own teeth with pliers, etc. ewwwwwww

Honored Contributor

mothertrucker wrote:

@chickenbutt you are right, I neever thought of that, most of these are for burned on FOOD...

Hey Tam!  Smiley Happy   Yeah, I think there is a HUGE difference between trying to remove burned on food items and trying to kind of un-burn the actual surface of the stainless steel.

I'm very curious to see if this 'burn' can be removed from the steel so I hope the OP lets us know what works.  (fingers crossed for her!!)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kitty4me wrote:

Thank you Silkeej, I feel so bad because I just took it out of the Box and washed it. I googled my issuue and I'm trying equal parts water and Vinegar and heating it up. will leave it sit overnight then try to clean with Baking Soda.

That's what I was going to suggest.  Good luck with it and try not to be too hard on yourself.  It happens!

(ETA:  I just googled this and, boy, is it ever a common problem!  Lots of advice on the Internet with varying results.)

Honored Contributor

The product sold on here called BIO CLEANER WORKS WONDERS.

It will take some scrubbing, but it should come out like new with a little elbow grease and some time.

I have purchased some pretty bad looking Revereware and Farberware (vintage) from thrift stores, and so far there has only been one pan that didn't clean up to look as good as new. And even that one is next to new looking.

I couldn't be without this stuff, and I hope they never quit making it, or worse, change the 'recipe'.