Trusted Contributor

Scorched Stainless Steel Pot Help!

I did something silly. I washed and put my Mark Charles Stainless Steel Multi Pot on the Stove and turned on to dry and forgot it for a bit. I realized shortly after what I did and well there is brown on the inside bottom. I tried Bar Keepers didn't help. Any ideas?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Scorched Stainless Steel Pot Help!

Try letting it soak in hot soapy water overnight. In the morning you may be able to clean the scortch out. You also could purchase a stainless steel cleaner and see if that works. Always hate it when I make a mistake like that and we all do.

Respected Contributor

Perhaps course salt and a wet sponge.

I use that to clean my cast iron skillets. It does not take off the "seasoning" of the pans. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

Thank you Silkeej, I feel so bad because I just took it out of the Box and washed it. I googled my issuue and I'm trying equal parts water and Vinegar and heating it up. will leave it sit overnight then try to clean with Baking Soda.

Trusted Contributor

Will try your idea too Camogirl. I'm so upset with myself.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

weird but works: Put hot ater in pot; put in dryer fabric softener sheet; let sit several hours or overnight..scrape off with rubber scraper..

Regular Contributor

There are Youtube videos that show boiling equal parts water and vinegar on med to med. high temperature for 10 minutes to clean scorched stainless steel pans. For any residue left, SOS or brillo pads were used. Others did the same but boiled with baking soda and water instead.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I think all the above ideas are good....but you will need patience......sometimes you have to repeat a method a couple times to get it all off...

Esteemed Contributor

Salt and scrub it with a lemon.

Valued Contributor

What works for me is fill the pot w/hot water, drop a dishwasher tab & soak overnight.  Might have to do this a few times.