Respected Contributor

Scorched Copper Chef Pot, what to do?? ASAP please

A friend just called, her hubby let the water boil out of the pot. How can she get rid of the scorched bottom. 😊 😊 😊 

Respected Contributor

Re: Scorched Copper Chef Pot, what to do?? ASAP please

my hubby did that once cooking artichokes. put the pan on to boil, then decided it would be a good time to go change the porch light. (insert eye roll here)

One of my fav sized revere ware pans. 

Had to put the pan in the garbage.  grrrr

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

steel wool

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor

I usually put baking soda on a damp pan, then I put white vinegar on top of it and let it sit.

Respected Contributor

I agree with Cindipup and then I would use a Dobie pad to gently try to get rid of the gunk without scrubbing hard or scratching, especially because of the coating on the interior of the Copper Chef pans.  I don't even use steel wool or the like on my stainless steel pans.

Stuff like this happens--keep your husband and replace the pot, if necessary.  Good luck with restoring the pan's surface.

aroc

Respected Contributor

You could try a few inches of water, baking soda and dishwashing detergent, then bring it to a slow boil and turn it down to a simmer for 15 minutes or until it starts to lift when moved with a wooden spatula like the Dawn commercials show the stains easily lifting from the dish. Easy does it, if you want to save it.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I told her to use baking soda and water or soap or vinegar. Thanks for your help. I knew I could count on y'all to help. 😊❤😊

Esteemed Contributor

I use a combo of hot water and Dawn (blue-original)  in the pan. It works on my stainless steel "potato pan". Let it sit overnight. Then scrub it some Dawn on a microfiber sponge and see if it lifts off. You may have to repeat this a few times depending on how badly scorched the pan is. Good Luck.