Respected Contributor

The grilled salmon is fantastic, but $$$.  Be sure and get the seasoned one, not the plain one.  

I also love their oven ready breaded chicken strips, mini roasts, garlic shrimp, encrusted tilapia, cod (with potato breading, can't remember the name), Ohhhh and their hot and spicy breaded chicken breasts!

Honored Contributor

coupons are in their catalogs they leave you comes out every other month

Honored Contributor

Re: Schwanns food

[ Edited ]

I was surprised, but we don't have Schwann's delivery in my city of 185,000.  I did place an order that was delivered yesterday due to the comments on this thread.  I ordered mostly single serve meals since it's just me.  Delivery was high, but if I am really pleased I will place a larger order next time to make it worth it.  I ordered 6 items this time.  The desserts sounded good, but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to eat an entire pie so didn't order anything like that.

The only thing I've tried so far is the pancakes, and I had them for lunch today.  They were very good.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

soups are good and individual servings

pizzas are individual servings

pot pies are individual and lasagna is either just one or buy 3 individuals and get discount.

bags of fruits and vegetables will last after opened, just take out what you need, then, put back in freezer. same with sausage, hamburgers.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't tried them yet but have seen their trucks in the neighborhood.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Elom  -  Grew up with a lot of Schwan's food, we LOVED it!  Customer service was great and so was the food.  The ice cream was fabulous!  I haven't had it in quite a while.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

soups are good and individual servings

pizzas are individual servings

pot pies are individual and lasagna is either just one or buy 3 individuals and get discount.

bags of fruits and vegetables will last after opened, just take out what you need, then, put back in freezer. same with sausage, hamburgers.

@SharkE  Thanks.  I didn't realize those items came as individual servings.  I did order some soup that sounded good.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

any ice cream is great. They still use cream, sugar, etc. All the 'good' stuff. LOL

Stuff at the stores I wouldn't give to my cat. watered down and weak, no taste.

potato wedges are great, pies are huge and delicious. chicken wings are good for the days when you don't have chicken thawed out , but, your dying for a chicken wing. LOL   I'm big on chicken.   Pizzas are OK. Anything is better then the store bought frozen hard crust like cardboard ones.

Love their turkey medallions and mashed potatoes big enough for 2-3 people depending on your appetite. soups are good, too.

I make my own rolls, bread and biscuits so never tried theirs.

they got real expensive roasts, hams, but, try to keep my order down to 20. Husband loves their sausage patties

I use their sausage and biscuits (separate) for breakfast and I love their waffles and mixed veggies.

Their Southern Bisquits are their biggest seller nationwide!  I like them because....If I only bake 2, I will ony eat 2.  If I made a pan full, well, another story!

Their crab legs are TDF and the ham is the best I've ever eaten.  The veggies are superior to what I get at the local grocery.  I use them regularly.

Regular Contributor

You don't have to be home to receive OR pay. You can go online and order up to the night before your driver comes. They have large insulated bags with ice bags that you can purchase. They are reusable and fairly large. Just put your order in, pay online, and leave your bag(s) out on your porch or front door area.

Trusted Contributor

@CWS22. I told my driver if I do not pre-order on line, don't stop. He does not bother us.

I leave a cooler and blank check on the porch if I'm not home.no problems, but I'm very out there in the country.

They are expensive. We like the crab cakes, sweet potato fries, crispy chicken strips, roasted sweet potatoes,peas, and I get ice cream treats in the summer when the grandkids are here more.