Respected Contributor

Schwan's Yay or Nay in your area

I have been with Schwan's for years but it is getting more and more difficult to stay.

They are supposed to deliver every 2 weeks and that doesn't happen. I place an order and on the delivery day I get the phone call they are not coming, never a reason.

Either they aren't coming or almost everything I order is out of stock. 

I really like their food when I can get it. So no food last month and I finally got my order yesterday and with a new guy. My long time guy quit and I really liked him but they get fed up. Long hours but the money is good plus commissions but they have a really hard time hiring anyone. I've had 4 drivers in the last 3-4 years. The asst manager said they are losing lots of customers and I said yeah I'm going to be on that list myself.

I don't know why they don't ship the food and they should pay for that because they would probably keep their customers.

What's it like in your area? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Schwan's Yay or Nay in your area

I never heard of Schwans - so I googled. 

The closest one is over an hour away in another state (NJ).  I won't even go across town to shop!

Respected Contributor

I wish I had one in my area. 

I don't think you can fault them for being out of items. It's not any different placing pickup orders with a grocery store. Not unusual to order 15 items, especially frozen, only to find out 5 aren't available. 

Respected Contributor

They have a large turnover of drivers. I use to order but it got so expensive & then they want a delivery fee. Now they won't deliver without a credit card number. I protect my credit cards & do not want them to have my number when I don't want to pay by credit card. So I no longer buy from them.

Honored Contributor

I want to order online for mail delivery. Has anyone tried ordering this way? Were they out of much?

Honored Contributor

In my area, the only delivery option is UPS.  But I've never tried Schwan's

I imagine their business is much more competitive than it used to be, with every supermarket having delivery options.  Some supermarkets even have prepared family-style meals.

Honored Contributor

My MIL helped keep them in business in this area until she passed.  I have never seen a truck in this neighborhood, but do still see their trucks occasionally in town.   

Honored Contributor

A truck delivers our order once a month.  They do tend to be out of more things since the pandemic, but we still get most of our items.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4   I wonder if Schwan's could be having problems getting their food from processing plants?  I know at one time some QVC customers weren't getting the chicken items they'd ordered.  Many meat and poultry processors have had full or partial shut-downs due to CoVi19.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I never heard of Schwans - so I googled. 

The closest one is over an hour away in another state (NJ).  I won't even go across town to shop!

@ALRATIBA    They deliver frozen food to your house.  They have big refrigerated trucks.  I see them around but have never bought from them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment