Honored Contributor

I just leave them in the bag they come in, drop that into a freezer bag, and freeze.   I try to use them up quickly, but if I fail, I simply use them to make homemade dressing.   I actually have several bags of buns, leftover cornbread and leftover biscuits in the freezer waiting for use at Easter.   

Esteemed Contributor

I freeze the bread we use for toast and grilled cheese sandwiches in the wrapper they came in. For hamburger buns, I freeze left overs, take out what is needed and place in a spare bread bag I've saved to thaw at room temp. I do grill the hamburger buns prior to using w/ hamburger patty and they come out soft and delish.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

This is what my paramour do w/left over bread/buns/rolls:

He cuts them up

Moistens the pieces

Seasons them

Mix w/hands until season is all over the bread pieces.

Set aside for a few days until hard

Crush up the pieces (optional) & place in a sandwich bag.

He uses them on salads.  He eats salads just about every day.

Home made croutons! Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I was telling my husband about the leftover hamburger buns question. He admonished me for not remembering to tell you about his favorite leftover bun use. Open the bun, butter each half. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the buttered bun. Toast in the oven or a toaster oven.

We freeze two out of a package in separate small zip lock bags for emergencies. I can defrost one at a time or both when we want to make a quick heat and eat hamburger. Keep them in the freezer next to a package of precooked hamburger meat. I have misplaced them in the past.

Honored Contributor

I've made garlic bread out of mine after I have taken them out of the freezer. 

Regular Contributor
I am in the same boat. I only need 1. I do not like thawed frozen ones. I break them all up pretty small and toss them on the grass for the birds and squirrels.
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I have a Food Saver.  I freeze my breads, rolls, hot dog & hamburger rolls. 

When thawing out, I leave them on my kitchen counter until they are room temp.  I never thaw in the fridge.  Taste fresh as if I just purchased from the store.

How do you keep your bread from getting smushed in the FoodSaver?  I have one and never used it for bread.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

I have a Food Saver.  I freeze my breads, rolls, hot dog & hamburger rolls. 

When thawing out, I leave them on my kitchen counter until they are room temp.  I never thaw in the fridge.  Taste fresh as if I just purchased from the store.

How do you keep your bread from getting smushed in the FoodSaver?  I have one and never used it for bread.

@Mom2Dogs  The version/model I have has a "gentle" speed.  You use that speed for breads, cakes, etc.  

Once the bag touches the soft food items that section stops yet, the FS continues to su¢k out the air of the empty pockets surrounding the soft food w/o crushing the soft food.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac   Thanks, my food saver (from QVC) is old and not working up to par these days, I might have to invest in a new one!

Honored Contributor

You're Welcome.gif