Honored Contributor

Airing now and they look AMAZING.

Esteemed Contributor

they look yummy....but i wouldn't buy anything perishable during this heat....even if they are packed with dry ice......jmo

Regular Contributor

They sure do, especially the coconut cake!  Yum1

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

I live in Savannah and their cakes are delicious!

Hopefully they transport well, since I usually get them at their store.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Are they the "Savannah kitchens" that Paula Deen always raved about their pecan turtles and family owned business.

Respected Contributor

I've order these directly from the company. They are very good. Think strawberry was my favorite. Orange was light on orange flavoring, but still a nice cake. Coconut was very good. I liked this trio combination better than the company's other trio on their website of red velvet/chocolate/praline.

The cakes are very moist and not too sweet. Which I like. Also the icing isn't too sweet. Again that's what I like. And just as important the ratio of cake to icing was perfect for me. I hate it when I need to scrap off half the icing to get to the cake. Not the case here. Plus the loaves freeze well. I cut each loaf into four or five portions. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

Yes, that's one that Paula (a neighbor and friend) mentions often, as well as River Street Sweets.

Both are excellent.

Actually, a local couple owned both establishments, got a divorce and the husband kept one and the wife kept the other in their divorce, so they basically both use the same recipes.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Thank you I recall he seemed like such a nice guy on her show but that caramel he made...oh dear...looked delicious 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

Oh, their caramel is to die for, especially the sea salt caramels.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

When I lived in NJ there was the best store called James in Wildwood before we'd leave the shore was always a stop to stock up on delicious salt water taffy, fudge and my dad's fav candy turtles.  They used to have copper pot with the guy making caramel working in the window and another making salt water taffy.  I can still remember the great smells in that store🙂