Respected Contributor

Haven't thought about these in years. Thanks for the reminder. Will whip up a batch for the holidays.

Honored Contributor

have never had them, but looked up the three ingredient recipe.

they look pretty simple to prepare.

are they served with a dipping sauce or all on their own?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Recipe please.

Super Contributor

I tried to make these years ago, but mine didn't turn out, too dry.  I suppose it had to do with the sausage I used.  The sausage today seems even more lean, not much greese to even make a sausage gravy without help from butter/or oil.  Let me know if you have a better recipe.

Valued Contributor

Re: Sausage balls

[ Edited ]

1 lb ground sausage.  Take it out of the fridge and set it out for about 30 minutes.

Put sausage and 2 cups bisquick in a gallon ziplock bag and mix mix mix until combined.

Add 2 cups cheddar cheese and mix mix mix.

After mixing, for walnut sized balls.

Bake on a cookie sheet with parchment paper 20-25 minutes at 350.in a preheated oven.

Honored Contributor

I personally prefer rum balls. . . Woman Wink  Very wet moist rum balls. 

Respected Contributor
I like to eat them with honey mustard for dipping.
Respected Contributor

@Warrior2022 wrote:

1 lb ground sausage.  Take it out of the fridge and set it out for about 30 minutes.

Put sausage and 2 cups bisquick in a gallon ziplock bag and mix mix mix until combined.

Add 2 cups cheddar cheese and mix mix mix.

After mixing, for walnut sized balls.

Bake on a cookie sheet with parchment paper 20-25 minutes at 350.in a preheated oven.

@Warrior2022  This is the best recipe. Like you said the secret to make the mixing easier is to mix the sausage and bisquick well and then add the cheese. 

Super Contributor
Everyone in my family loves these. I use the same ratios as sunandfun above and sage sausage.

They like and praise the other appetizers I make but always ask for silly old sausage balls.
Honored Contributor

David had a recipe for these years ago, back when they still had the magazine.  I will post it if I can find it, but 10 to 1 its the same as one of the recipes already posted.