Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung Refrigerators - French door style....HATE!!!!

Those pesky regulations have often saved lives and saved energy -- two very important things.

Funny how we rag on them and, at the same time, scold countries with lax oversight.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I subscribe to Consumer Reports and have seen that the LG brand of refrigerators consistently seems to rank at the top of the recommended list.

I have an LG fridge, front load washer and dryer all bought at the same time for our new house,  and after owning for almost three years, all seems well with all of them.  (Knock on wood)

I do make sure to expel a lot of ice from the door each day and then store the cubes in a separate plastic tub in the bottom freezer.  I think this helps to keep too much ice from partially thawing and refreezing in the door, which potentially  could stop up the icemaking mechanism. 

Honored Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia   My refrigerator had that problem with the lines freezing.  I had it repaired. It only took about 15 minutes and I have never had a problem since.

I have another brand of fridge in my garage ( Hotpoint) it did the same thing.  I got the repairman to fix it while he was here for cash under the table, since it wasn't under warranty.

It seems that is a common problem with many models today.

Honored Contributor

No problems with my Samsung so far. I accidentally slammed one of the doors hard and now it makes a weird clicking noise when I close it but that was 100% my fault. If only I hadn't gotten stainless steel!
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Samsung Refrigerators - French door style....HATE!!!! UPDATE

Because of all my problems I am currently waiting approval for an instore credit with Lowe’s for a new fridge. Samsung has been nice to work with. Needless to say, I won’t be getting another Samsung. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung Refrigerators - French door style....HATE!!!! UPDATE

I have a 4-door french door frig. I LOVE it!!! It's 4 years old and hasn't given us a speck of trouble!! I only have Samsung and KitchenAid appliances and love them all. 

"Pure Michigan"