Respected Contributor

I hadn't been to or belonged to Sam's Club for years.  I went today and joined.  Boy did I get goodies.  This could be dangerous!

I got Wolfgang Puck's 12 pc. SS mixing bowl set for $29.??.  That's a bargain.  I also got the Copper Chef (the one they have here), the inserts, square lid, the round skillet and the round lid for it for $69.??

Then I got boring stuff like toilet paper and paper towels.

I saw LOTS of things I wanted.  We live 45 minutes for Sam's so I can't go constantly.  That's a good thing!

Trusted Contributor

I shutter to think about all the $$ I've spent at Sams over the last 15-20 years.  Some days I would walk out of there, having spent $700.00 on 1 trip.Woman Frustrated

Now I go maybe every couple of months and spend very little.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I hope the new wears off really fast!  LOL  I saw a couple "neon open" signs I need at my store.  They are $169 each.  The ones I have currently look really old and shabby.

I am also needing a new cell phone.  I'll probably just go there instead of the ATT store.

I didn't even get much for groceries!  Lots of goodies!

Oh my.....

Esteemed Contributor

SAMs club is great, isn't it! Personally, I think it's a nudge better than Costco. I know many folks think the opposite, though.

Honored Contributor

I belong to both Sam''s and Costco.  There are regular items that I buy at both, but Sam's is taking the  lead for organic produce.  My haul last weekend was: organic raspberries, organic bananas, organic spinich, organic kale, organic salad mix, organic peaches, organic apples, organic mushrooms, organic carrots, organic chia with hibiscus tea.  Love not having to pay Whole Foods prices for my organic hauls from Costco and Sam's.  Costco had many of the same items and I was able to pick up a box of organic bartlett pears.  I'm set for the week!  (I also have regular organic items that I purchase at TJ's...potatoes, zuchinni, cauliflower, red peppers, onion, avocados, oranges, chia/hemp seeds, rice....all organic).  This is basically my weekly shopping.

Honored Contributor

I belong to Sams Club and Costco. And I shop more often at Sams. There is a greater variety of fresh fruits and vegetables at Sams Club, And since I make a fresh fruit salad for my son and a salad for lunch for me everyday. I go through quite a bit. I have always been pleased with the quality at Sams, 

And I like the sizes of the items. The grapes at Sams are in 3 pound containers. Costco's grapes are in 4 pound containers. There is always at least 6 different types of apples at Sams. At Costco I rarely see more than 2. And I always can get raspberries at Sams. More often than not when I go to Costco they don't put them out until the weekend. 

I have learned. And know what works well for me.

Honored Contributor

We belonged to Sam's years ago when that's all was near us. Costco opened up and I found that Costco is so much better. Our Sam's closed anyway. I have a Sam's about an hour away (which is close!) but would rather drive the 2 1/2 to my closest Costco! Yay! in 2017 they are opening a Costco closer! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

One huge reason I favor Costco over Sam's is the way Costco treats its employees. Ask any of them, they love working at Costco. Benefits, salaries etc that are better at Costco than Sam's.

Honored Contributor

Just buy a few things there. Vanilla, pepper .

Honored Contributor

We need to go again soon. It's a 3 hr round trip for us. The bill is usually $400-$600.