Trusted Contributor

Salmon Recipe For Rangemate And Other Cooking Methods

Having just received my Rangemate, I made Salmon tonight. I brined the salmon first. I found the brine recipe in a Weight Watchers magazine and it is very good!

In a 2C pyrex measuring cup, add 1/4C water. Add 1T plus 1/4 tsp kosher salt and 1T sugar. Heat in microwave on high for 1.5 minutes. Stir until dissolved. Then remove, and fill to the top with COLD water. Pour into plastic zip lock bag and add your salmon piece(s). Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. I put the bag in a bowl to prevent any leakage.

Remove salmon and pat dry with paper towels. Season as desired. I used salt and pepper.

The Rangemate did great! I cooked beer bratwurst first for DH. They came out grilled and he said they were very good. I sprayed the bottom with non-stick spray first for the wurst. Then I cooked my salmon. Skin side down for 3 minutes. Then flipped over for another 3 minutes. My piece was quite large. I cut it in half and had to cook for another 3 minutes for opaqueness all the way through, leaving me the second portion for lunch tomorrow! The salmon was delicious! Very moist and the top was nicely grilled, just as I like it! No fishy smell in my kitchen at all. I think the brining helps that! The only thing I noticed was, there was some smokey issues when I opened the microwave oven. Had to turn my overhead fan on for a few minutes. No big deal. I will see if this happens with other recipes. It may have been my non-stick spray (Pam)? Would like to know if others had this issue. My lid fit securely, but you have to make sure you place it properly, but it is not a tight fit.

I then added water and a few drops of Dawn to soak the bottom unit. Wiped with sponge and towel dried. Very easy to clean. You can't immerse it! The recipe booklet looks very good. I emailed RangemateUSA from their Facebook page and they sent me more recipes which I have downloaded. Great customer service!

Can't wait to try the flan and the other recipes as well!

New Contributor

Re: Salmon Recipe For Rangemate And Other Cooking Methods

I just received my round RangeMate and so far I love it. I made grilled shrimp and veggies the first night and they were perfectly grilled. Then I made the Individual French Toast Casserole from the recipe books and it was drop-dead delicious. I've made poached eggs. And I bought a cake mix that made 12 individual cakes. I dropped a Dove chocolate in the center of the dough and cooked each batch for 8 minutes. They are so light a fluffy. I've never made a cake this good in the regular oven. I'm very impressed with this cooker. I bought another one for a birthday present for a friend and I may get one more to keep in my office.

This was a smart purchase.