Honored Contributor

should be on amazon and walmart

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @Nightowlz. I am late to the party. I remember attempting to make dinner rolls many years ago and sadly they turned out like hockey pucks so I gave up baking with yeast. But with sheltering in place I first decided to try again on my husband's birthday. Rather than a cake, we made cinnamon rolls (in honor of his father who made them every week to take to their lake home for family and friends). Success!

We then moved on to a loaf of no knead white bread and again success (although I'm not sure what we could have done for it not to turn out ok).

Todays selection is craisin walnut pecan bread made with a bit of whole wheat flour. I have made green salads for dinner and my husband can't wait to try our latest creation!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pooky1 

Thank you.  I did a search for no knead bread and found this recipe from the Blue Jean Chef who used to be on QVC.  It is made with white and whole wheat flours with pecans, walnuts, craisins and golden raisins. 

I tried to copy it for you but there was too much extraneous stuff included. 

Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Pooky1 

Thank you.  I did a search for no knead bread and found this recipe from the Blue Jean Chef who used to be on QVC.  It is made with white and whole wheat flours with pecans, walnuts, craisins and golden raisins. 

I tried to copy it for you but there was too much extraneous stuff included. 

This was her recipe from just the other day. She also has a recipe for "no knead bread" I have been baking for a long time. Just put in her "no knead bread" and it should come up. I think it's probably made the same way.

Esteemed Contributor

I was  able to buy some flour at Whole Foods a week or so ago.  But same here, cannot find any yeast at all.  I did buy some on Amazon but I really over paid for it Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Just ordered this yeast--have a few packets coming from ebay and one from another place---I had a pound of yeast in my freezer---thought I would not be using it as we don't eat many carbs anymore so I threw it out--- but now am thinking that my bread making days are just getting started--had a bread maker too--I donated it as well----stupid, stupid, stupid-Man Sad-will try my Kitchen aid stand mixer for bread-----

Respected Contributor

thank you. we have a air fryer cookbook from blue jean chef.  should be easy to find. if that recipe was long i dont blame you for not typing it on here. i probably would have done the same thing.

Respected Contributor

i use our kitchen aid for dough and for bread dough all the time. i make pioneer womans pizza dough all the time and i freeze some. i use the dough hook and a while ago i saw the episode the it came from. and rea dont use the dough hook she used the regular pattle so when i made her dough last time i used the flex edge beater. my wife said how are you allready done doing double batch. i said i didnt use dough hook so dough came together in under 5 minutes instead of like 20 plus minutes that dough hook takes.

Contributor

Nightowlz, thank you for the post.  I was able to get flour but there isn't one store in the area that has yeast.  Amazon is way overpriced for a 4oz jar that is usually $5.00 in the store.  I ordered the Saf Yeast on Sunday and it is supposed to be here either today or tomorrow.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

should be on amazon and walmart

@SharkE 

It's sold out on Wal-Mart. Amazon price gouging. Prices for this on Amazon are ridiculous. I also saw some Simply Organic Spices for $20+ per jar???