Honored Contributor

Re: SPURTLE SET - Anyone have it?

I have a few flat angled blade wooden ??? I got womewhere long forgotten.  I just put them in the dishwasher.  I'm going for function here, not appearance. They don't scrape the nonstick and the shape gets stuff off the bottom while stirring.  

Honored Contributor

I only have the wooden set and I love it, very easy to clean, and I handwash.. I would like to get the silicone set next! I use them a lot. 

Honored Contributor

I have the silicone ones and use them all the time!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Regular Contributor

I have the large and small set in silicone and the small set in wooden.  Love both sets, looking for a large wooden set, not that I need them but I want them

Honored Contributor

They are skinny and narrow and for stirring and scraping, they don't do anything a spatula or spoon doesn't do better. 

Unless you are cooking or scraping in some very tall very skinny jar.  They are too narrow to stir and mix much of anything in a pot. 

Regular Contributor

Have had both types of spurtle sets.  I find that they are cumbersome and unwieldy to use.  The silicone ones were heavy- especially the larger ones and the smaller silicone ones had knicks in the edges from use.  I would not recommend them, and I would never buy them again.  I have since thrown them all out.  I have had better luck with the plain old wooden utensils that you get in any housewares department of any store, even the supermarket.  The spurtles were garbage and a waste of money in my opinion.

Super Contributor

Thanks for this discussion.   I have been thinking about purchasing even tho my cooking implement drawer is overflowing.  I will pass and purge from wish list