Respected Contributor

Yes.  I don't like hearing that either.  And while I'm complaining, why in the world do some hosts say "ALSO TOO ...."   Isn't one of those words sufficient to get the point across?  Why use them together?

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @santorini! I was JUST getting ready to add that myself, so I am glad that I am not the only one who notices that. The head of our corporate university used to say that ALL THE TIME and it made me crazy! I haven't heard it too often lately on QVC, but it seems that one of the morning hosts may have used it.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

Thank you @santorini! I was JUST getting ready to add that myself, so I am glad that I am not the only one who notices that. The head of our corporate university used to say that ALL THE TIME and it made me crazy! I haven't heard it too often lately on QVC, but it seems that one of the morning hosts may have used it.

Hi, Lisa.  Yes, I do hear it more from the HSN group.  Suzanne Runyan says it all the time. I guess they like repeating themselves.  They probably like to walk stroll their dog canine prior to before dinner supper instead of rather than afterward. Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor
Sorry if I wrote this in the wrong community. I thank all who explained what this term means. I really did a double take when I had heard it. Each to their own, thanks again.
Esteemed Contributor

@Jinlei - For what it's worth, I thought it was fine for you to comment about your concern here since you heard the phrase on Gourmet Holiday.

Honored Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:
Sorry if I wrote this in the wrong community. I thank all who explained what this term means. I really did a double take when I had heard it. Each to their own, thanks again.

Forums

Respected Contributor

Honestly, with so many things going on in yhe world, I just don't have the time or energy to be bothered by phrases TV hosts use.

Respected Contributor

I've heard Shawn say it. She's the queen of sayings. That and  "Sidebar!"

Honored Contributor

My biggest pet peeve is when they say something is "stinkin' cute".  They say it a lot in the Temptations presentations.  Tara, David, Lisa (from TT) and others use that expression way too much. So does Shawn.  An item can be "cute", but "stinkin' cute"?  No.

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

My biggest pet peeve is when they say something is "stinkin' cute".  They say it a lot in the Temptations presentations.  Tara, David, Lisa (from TT) and others use that expression way too much. So does Shawn.  An item can be "cute", but "stinkin' cute"?  No.

@Daysdee - I don't love that phrase, either, but I usually just accept that I'm going to hear it a time or two during Temp-tations presentations. However, during yesterday's hour-long TT show, I'll bet Tara said it at least 30 times; I was actually annoyed enough to count 11 of them. A few of the items really were cute, but that was ridiculous...