Trusted Contributor
I am sorry, I just cannot stand the stupid term- “PS ing by the way”. This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I notice a lot of the hosts use this ridiculous term. People do not know how to get their thought across without using a stupid slang term. JMO!!
Esteemed Contributor

I never heard anyone say that.  What does it mean?

Honored Contributor

I always thought they were saying "PS and by the way".  Maybe I need to have my ears checked!!!!Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I always thought they were saying "PS and by the way".  Maybe I need to have my ears checked!!!!Smiley Wink

Oh right!  Now that I've heard before.  Some of the hosts do say that.  Doesn't bother me.

Trusted Contributor

@Jinlei   Sorry but I have no idea what you are referring to. PS ing???

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@Krimpette  Smiley Very Happy you’ve got the saying right.  

“PS, and by the way...” has been around for years and years.  It doesn’t bother me.

Honored Contributor

Yup, it’s PS and by the way. Don’t know where the op got her saying from.

Trusted Contributor
Rachel said it on Holiday Gourmet yesterday, she was talking about some food item and she said”Oh, just PSing by the way, there is another selection”. I have heard Shawn say it, too. Maybe I heard it wrong, I just thought it was strange. Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

@Jinlei - Just in case you're confused by the phrase itself, it's simply a roundabout way of saying "and there's more"—literally, a post script (PS) to what was being said plus a side note ("by the way"). It is redundant and unnecessary and is rightly classified as slang, but as others have noted, it has been pretty pervasive in the English language over the past couple of decades.

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Jinlei - Just in case you're confused by the phrase itself, it's simply a roundabout way of saying "and there's more"—literally, a post script (PS) to what was being said plus a side note ("by the way"). It is redundant and unnecessary and is rightly classified as slang, but as others have noted, it has been pretty pervasive in the English language over the past couple of decades.

I never heard the term so thanks for the explanation.

It sounds like middle aged people trying too hard to be cool.