Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Russell Stover Sugar-free Chocolates

You are very correct about it being a laxative, but if you need one once in awile then you are all set, but candy made that way caused me to have stomach problems that lasted, so be careful. They are not the solution to enjoy chocholate in fact they can make some people really, really sick. My Doctor said just read the box on a regular chocolate and each just a few, and if you can trust yourself still stay away from sugarfree products including Nutra-sweet it is poison in my opinion.

Respected Contributor

Always read the package before you purchase anything.

Esteemed Contributor

@BeccaLou - NutraSweet has been off the market for years, so that's at least one artificial sweetener everyone can avoid...  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I buySplenda for my Husband. I See in the store it's in a yellow box. I told him the other day I am going to quit it isn't good for him plus he puts on all ready sweetened cereal. Isn't Nutrasweet and Splenda the same.?

Esteemed Contributor

@BeccaLou - Splenda is a brand name for the artificial sweetener sucralose, something I'm all too familiar with because I'm extremely allergic to it; it is very sweet but has almost no aftertaste, so it is added to all kinds of food and beverage products now, including regular as well as diet items. NutraSweet was a brand name associated with aspartame, which is definitely still around under its own name and several other brands even though NutraSweet is no longer being sold.