Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac Wow!  Was that in the reviews of the oven?  Horrible!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  Nope!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@ECBG  Nope!

@Mz iMac That's totally unacceptable.   I hate anyone had to put up with a piece of equipment that obviously has a design problem.   So sorry. 

Esteemed Contributor

My husband  first trims off  extra fat  he sees on the bird  then he uses  aluminum foil to line the bottom grease pan  and  abt halfway through he  takes a knife and puts a hole  where the leg & thigh separate to release extra grease  which drips down into the pan .

My husband does all the prep work of tying the bird with string, I just make the marinade . I have a couple of different recipes  using different spice combinations.  My husband does all the cleanup after cooking our rotisserie bird .  I usually  do all the cooking   . this is my Husband's  contribution to cooking along with grilling  . 

I am a lucky woman !

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Your smiley face is cute but he ain't smiling -           and neither are you.  That's why I got disgusted with the air fryer - -   8 mins to cook - 20 to clean.  Finally said - who needs this?  Kicked it out of the kitchen.  

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one not pleased with the air fryer!  What a mess especially with food that needs to be turned!  Probably will be going to the thrift shop on my next trip!! Too much clean up for me.

Honored Contributor

Re: 🍗 Rotisserie 🍗

[ Edited ]

We also have a Ronco Rotisserie. It's the compact design that takes up less space. IMO it's easier to clean since you can get to it easier.

It  makes the best chicken & prime rib.

Image result for ronco compact rotisserie

Picture 3 of 10

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz 

We have the same model as yours (our 2nd Ronco) and are happy with it.

I keep seeing these new ovens/appliances that advertise being able to do the work of 6 or 8.  Evidently some can't do all appliances as well as stand alone...

Sorry for your troubles @Mz iMac 

Denise
Honored Contributor

Re: ? Rotisserie ?

[ Edited ]

@denisemb wrote:

@Nightowlz 

We have the same model as yours (our 2nd Ronco) and are happy with it.

I keep seeing these new ovens/appliances that advertise being able to do the work of 6 or 8.  Evidently some can't do all appliances as well as stand alone...

Sorry for your troubles @Mz iMac 

@denisemb 

We really like it. I only paid about $80 for it.

When I use it I set it on a smaller table in the dining room next to a window so I can open it if I need to. It's out of the kitchen out of my way.

Respected Contributor

I've owned the Ronco and agree it is easy to clean but I've dropped the heavy gear part and caused floor damage more than once.

My current best rotisserie is the extra purchase attachment for the Philips indoor smokeless grill.  Not inexpensive but you end up with muliptle use appliance and all easy to clean.

HD6971_00-RTP-global-001.jpg

Honored Contributor

That is why I don't want an air fryer with rotisserie and all those other parts to store.  I love my "round pans" air fryer and it is so easy to clean.  Sometimes now I line the bottom pan with foil and that makes it even easier.    Years ago we got a Farbarware rotisserie for a wedding gift.   It was kind of large to clean, but no sides, etc.  Got quite a bit of use from it, but since now I only cook for myself I donated it.  Different meats really came out tasty.