Honored Contributor

🍗 Rotisserie 🍗

I have a counter-top rotisserie convection oven.  I have never used the "rotisserie" option until this morning.

I did not have a roaster so I tried it w/2 cornish hens.

My apt smelled so good as well as the hallway of my apt building as the chicken was rotissering. Smiley LOL

The cornish hens came out beautifully.   But WHAT A censored.gifMESS inside the oven.  532149.giffaint.gifangry_80_anim_gif.gif

Took me 45 minutes to clean the inside of my oven from all the grease splatter.  Thank goodness for simple green & a dishwasher.  Never again will use the rotisserie.  Matter of fact, I wrapped up the spits or whatever those prongs are called & threw them inside my big oven which I use as a storage bin for cooking items I rarely or don't use.

Can you tell I'm Mad As Hell.gif?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Re: 🍗 Rotisserie 🍗

Woman LOL @Mz iMac  I have the Wolfgang Puck convection oven and it has a rotisserie feature that I have never used. I always thought about the clean up after using it and will stick to the old fashioned outside grill. At least your hens were cooked and smelled good...Enjoy a good meal!

Honored Contributor

The pre-cooked chickens at Sams and Costco are so cheap (and many delis and grocery stores too) that it's not worth cooking them now.  Unless you want it really fresh and plan on eating the skin. THen home cooked is better.

Esteemed Contributor

Your smiley face is cute but he ain't smiling -           and neither are you.  That's why I got disgusted with the air fryer - -   8 mins to cook - 20 to clean.  Finally said - who needs this?  Kicked it out of the kitchen.  

Honored Contributor

I have the Ronco Showtime Rotisserie

The inside is non stick, the bottom trays are non stick.

I cook more than chicken in mine, I love it.

Wonder if you could spray the inside with a non stick?

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I have the Ronco Showtime Rotisserie

The inside is non stick, the bottom trays are non stick.

I cook more than chicken in mine, I love it.

Wonder if you could spray the inside with a non stick?

@software  We enjoy ours too! We use it 2-3 times a month...usually chicken or roasts...YUM! And love that it's easy to clean Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac: Your emojis gave me a good laugh! Smiley LOL  I'm just glad that (at least) the cornish hens were good.  

Honored Contributor

I'll bet the fat melted off.  How lovely the meal was delicious and healthy!  Can you put aluminum foil turned up at the sides in the bottom of the oven?

Esteemed Contributor

I have 2 old   Ronco Rotisserie 's that I bought from QVC 15+ yrs ago. Yes, they still work . I marinade  all my  chickens  in various recipes .   My husband  then  cooks the birds in the rotisserie to perfection with crispy skin.  Thank you  QVC for a product that has lasted me so many years .

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I'll bet the fat melted off.  How lovely the meal was delicious and healthy!  Can you put aluminum foil turned up at the sides in the bottom of the oven?

@ECBG I had a grease pan under the hens which caught the grease.  I lined the pan w/aluminum foil-heavy duty.

The burnt/rotisserie grease splatter was on the top/roof, sides including the light & the glass door.  DRIPPING grease as well as burnt/rotisserie grease.  Only the bottom was dry because of the pan I had under the hens.  If I had done a 5lb roaster, the whole interior would have been caked in black grease.

First time I had to "scrub" grease to remove from the interior.  Really messy. 

Normal baking clean up - wipe & done, easy peasy.

Rotisserie clean up - scrub, scrub, scrub.  I had to put the scrubber in the DW.  YUK!!!!!

I'm sticking w/pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from Shoprite & Bobby Chez & going back to just baking my cornish hens.  However, I will miss that rotisserie aroma which I can still smell throughout my apt even now this evening.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif