Honored Contributor

River Street Sweets Rare Fall Special

Fifteen percent off and free SH for fall.

What's your favorite?Smiley Happy

See the source image

Honored Contributor

Re: River Street Sweets Rare Fall Special

This thread reminds me of how much my father enjoyed their Bear Claws.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I live in Savannah and love to shop at River Street Sweets, but it's almost impossible to pick a favorite!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Oh my!  I don't know what some of those are, but the chocolate covered ones jumped out at me (turtles?), so I choose those.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Oh my!  I don't know what some of those are, but the chocolate covered ones jumped out at me (turtles?), so I choose those.  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt Available in dark or milk chocolate.  You can just get those I believe.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

SOOOOOOO good.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Thank You so much for all that info, IG and  ECBG.

I do love milk chocolate, so it's always nice when there is a choice.  Sometimes I see something that is made only with dark chocolate and it's a bummer that I cannot get it.

All that said, I do have a pretty good supply of treats on hand because I am good about rationing so I don't eat too much.  Sugar is like poison in the system so, while I enjoy some sugary treats, I do make sure I keep it small.   Well, small-ish.  Smiley Very Happy

I keep mine in L&L in the refrigerator (some in freezer), so the treats stay fresh for a very long time.  Heck, I still have some stuff from Halloween 2019 and Easter 2019.  

Don't even get me started on my beloved Red Vines!  When I have some on hand I only can have 3 in a given day.   That gives me enough to enjoy immensely but, knowing they are total garbage, I don't over-indulge.  Fortunately, I'm out of them for a while (until late this month), so my body gets a bit of a break.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG : Really not hungry but stressed and could eat the whole thing! Thanks for information. Just went on line and ordered my cousin in Tennessee something special for Thanksgiving since this is his favorite candy store.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@ECBG : Really not hungry but stressed and could eat the whole thing! Thanks for information. Just went on line and ordered my cousin in Tennessee something special for Thanksgiving since this is his favorite candy store.

@SouthernBee 

Here's just a thought.  Their box of pecan pralines come sealed and each one individually wrapped.  You could freeze them and keep just one out and just take a chip off maybe once a week., counting it as 50 optional calories.

I can do this and occasionally, I do.

You have to be strong enough not to let that throw you over into eating massive sugar.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

See's candy has their seasonal Cashew Brittle available.  I may just treat myself!