Respected Contributor

Re: Rib rating in Southern Living magazine

@Still Raining wrote:

Can not believe that ANY food which is shipped and reheated would be tasty.

Wouldn't that be just about anything you buy at the grocery store?

Respected Contributor

I lived in Memphis for 15 years and love Corky’s. There’s a chair for every bottom.
Honored Contributor

I don't care what they say. DH's baby back ribs can give anyone a run for their money. LOL!!! Can you say Yum!!! 

Pit Boss Ribs_resized.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz   I'd like to be a judge.  I love ribs and your DH's look delicious.  I make some pretty mean ribs too.  Ribs are my favorite meal.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Nightowlz   I'd like to be a judge.  I love ribs and your DH's look delicious.  I make some pretty mean ribs too.  Ribs are my favorite meal.

@Carmie 

We both love BBQ. DH is always cooking something. He made some wings on the smoker Sat. Today it's freezing so I'm making beef stew.

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal  yep, he was a Texan through and through! Palestine to be exact- Even though I grew up in California, that Texas influence from my Dad was VERY strong!!!!

Contributor

I've never ordered food from qvc and prob. never will, along with clothes but a great alternative to barbecue ribs is ribs with sauerkraut.   My German and Eastern Euro friends can relate.

It's so simple, season and brown the ribs which I've done in the Instantpot , add sauerkraut to your liking and slow cook in a crockpot or oven Lots of choices for cooking.

Add some dumplings sauted in butter  btw

:

Trusted Contributor

We have three Corky franchises in our city and they never ever make it in the top 15 BBQ joints.  They just aren't very good.  Mediocre at best.