Regular Contributor

Rib rating in Southern Living magazine

Just saying, read the article if you please, NO MENTION of Corky's Ribs.  I guess fatty and stringy ribs excluded you from the contest.  We tried these 13 years ago, and were the worst ribs we ever tried!  Rock on Southern Living magazine, and stop lying, QVC!

Respected Contributor

Re: Rib rating in Southern Living magazine

and why should I trust "Southern Living" magazine?

Clearly, food preferences reflect personal taste issues, which  are not empirically proven by "scientific method"-

Never had Corky's ribs, but certainly they get a lot of good reviews..How may people determine the coices in a magazine? Sometimes ony ONE! LOL!

My Dad didnt consider anything that had beans in it to be true "Chili" .......many others would disagree..Who is right? Who is to say...

Regular Contributor

Southern Living did a survey, not one person's opinion. 

Honored Contributor

For as long as Corkys has been sold here (according to you at least 13 years), 'somebody' must love them and buy them, otherwise QVC would have dropped them a long time ago.

They won't continue to carry/present a product that no one is buying, that's only logical.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

For as long as Corkys has been sold here (according to you at least 13 years), 'somebody' must love them and buy them, otherwise QVC would have dropped them a long time ago.

They won't continue to carry/present a product that no one is buying, that's only logical.

@KingstonsMom   That might be because they have never had good ribs.

Respected Contributor

they are the very best!

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

@comedy clubber wrote:

Southern Living did a survey, not one person's opinion. 

@comedy clubber You think because it is a survey it is the gospel?  Not really!  It's still a few opinions.  It still is something easily manipulated.

Honored Contributor

Was the article about just ribs or the best BBQ places?  I read the article about the best BBQ places and it wasn't just about ribs.

BBQ is more than ribs. It's about the brisket, sausage, chicken and pulled pork.  How about the beans, Cole slaw and corn? There are rubs and sauce and different types of wood and charcoal used for different Smokey flavors.

All ten places mentioned as the best were small places.  One of a kind places.  Corey's is a chain restaurant.  They are up north in NJ and not just located in the southern states. They are a big business.

I wouldn't imagine that they would take first place in the BBQ caragory anymore than Popeyes or KFC would take the first price for their fried chicken.

Respected Contributor

@Mothertrucker 

Ha, I'm with your Dad.  No beans in chili.  But then I'm from Texas and you know the saying.

As for Corky's ribs i had them in a restaurant in Atlantic City ages ago when they were all the rage and they were horrible.  At least to me.  Tough, stringy and I didn't like the flavor.  Different strokes...and all of that.

Esteemed Contributor

Can not believe that ANY food which is shipped and reheated would be tasty.