Honored Contributor

Resolve to buy a USA made kitchen item in January!

Since January is usually cold, maybe rainy, and sort of a let-down after the holidays you often have an urge to cook or bake. So how about resolving to buy a new USA MADE kitchen item this year?

There are the USA pans, Nordic Ware items made in the US, Vermont-made wooden cutting boards and bowls--and what else can you think of?

I am thinking of some new cookie sheets! What can you think of that you need/want?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Resolve to buy a USA made kitchen item in January!

I just bought a cast iron frying pan by Lodge - made in the USA!
Honored Contributor

I think buying anything USA made is a very good thing. I am paring down on alot of the unused kitchen stuff I have and not buying anything new. I have tons of stuff. Should have done my de cluttering before the new year for a tax deduction

Honored Contributor

USA Pans are a great brand I discovered a couple of years ago. They are metal, non stick bakeware, very substantial and perform very well.

I think more of us would choose the domestically made goods, but so many are not available anymore, and our trusted brands have gone overseas.

In certain categories, there just isn't any domestic choice or so few you can't find what you need or like. I often go for second hand if I can find an older USA item.

Honored Contributor

I agree and I wish QVC would step up to the plate and help get more kitchen items made in the USA. They have a huge buying base out here!

Don't they have USA pans at Bed, Bath and Beyond? I just remembered I have a coupon. Somewhere!

Respected Contributor

The only thing I will need is a frying pan. If anyone has any great idea, I would appreciate it. I would but American over all else but it is difficult at times.
Trusted Contributor

I use Accusharp knife sharpeners, and they are a USA company...........{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

http://www.accusharp.com/testimonials/index.html

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

Boos boards are made in the US. They are of exceptional quality. I don't need any more, as I have a few already, but I would highly recommend the brand. Also, their oil and board cream are great products.

Regular Contributor

Sur La Table, Williams-Sonoma and Bed, Bath and Beyond sell made in USA baking pans (various sizes and styles of cookie sheets, cake pans, muffin pans, etc.), Anchor Hocking, Ball Mason jars, Fiestaware, Boos Boards (as mentioned in previous posts).
Honored Contributor

I honestly can't think of one more thing I need for my kitchen this year except for maybe a Lodge enamel-cast iron Dutch Oven.

I can give a thumbs up to the Boos board. If you get one, make sure you oil it from time to time.