Honored Contributor

Re: Resolve to buy a USA made kitchen item in January!

Fun and informative answers! THANKS to all the posters! HAPPY NEW YEAR! Again!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

This thread makes me happy.

I'm glad that there are other people willing to look for, pay for, and enjoy USA made kitchen items.

Honored Contributor

I am another who when replacing any items, kitchen or otherwise, always tries to do so with Made in America products. Thanks for the reminder.

"To each their own, in all things".
Regular Contributor

Oh, Sam's Club in their food service section has non stick fry pans, first sold under the Tramontina name, now Sam's Baker and Chef's line. Costco also has sold these pans by Tramontina. Made in USA.

Respected Contributor

We resolved some time ago to buy American whenever possible. I make a point of checking the origin, and have declined many purchase decisions because of it. (Are you paying attention, QVC buyers?) Those three little words, "Made in America," mean a lot in our house.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

I just checked out the USA made flatware mentioned above and the Weave pattern is beautiful! I'd think even a set of iced tea spoons from any of their lines would be a special wedding gift! Maybe pair them with a set of inexpensive old fashioned malt/ice cream/soda glasses you can usually find at target! That would be a fun June wedding gift and get them ready for summer ice cream drinks and desserts.

There are soda glasses made in the US:

http://www.amazon.com/Libbey-6-Piece-Fountain-Classic-12-Ounce/dp/B00CYF7E8K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid...

And also: Thoroughly Modern Milkshakes, by Adam Reed, a book about ice cream drinks.

How neat would that be for a wedding, housewarming, or summer birthday gift?

Honored Contributor

I need to buy new kitchen scissors. Would love to buy American if anyone has a recommendation. (i.e. despite MarkCharles, no Kuhn Rikon for me!)

Respected Contributor

Tervis tumblers. From Florida
Respected Contributor

On 1/4/2015 MScotty said:

Oh, Sam's Club in their food service section has non stick fry pans, first sold under the Tramontina name, now Sam's Baker and Chef's line. Costco also has sold these pans by Tramontina. Made in USA.

I have a 3 qt pot from Tramontina, I like it. I wouldnt hesitate on buying something else from them, that is if their quality hasnt changed. I bought mine at least 2 years ago from Kohls. They carry this brand as well, at least, they did.