Honored Contributor

Do you find this to be true where you live?

Regional Eating in the United States. What's popular in Your Locale? - #Infographic:

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Regional Eating in the U.S.

[ Edited ]

Southwest here. Mexican food any day of the week. Yum. Wouldn't touch any of the dishes with fish or shrimp in them with a ten foot pole.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess, although I have lived in New England my whole life and I don't have a clue what "election cake" is, I've never heard of it.  Oh and it's New England clam chowder not Boston clam chowder !

Honored Contributor

Somewhat....Southwest, Mexican highly popular and Far West highly food/health conscious, lots of vegetarians/vegan and emphasis on consuming fresh produce.  Of course, who you hang with will always alter your perspective.

Honored Contributor

Mid Atlantic here- Yes there is a lot of what is listed but there is so much more. You have a very good variety of food here. There is just about every type of food you would want available in restaurants, grocery stores, or specialty stores.

Honored Contributor

Fried Chicken, Sweet Tea and Key Lime Pie are all over the South. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I live in central NY and spend time in central PA.   We do like chicken wings but not all enjoy the super hot wings.  Philly steak sandwiche are OK but when out I don't see it ordered much.   Reubens I have heard of and seen on menus.   Never had anyone with me order it.    IMO these choices maybe are sold more in the largest cities.  

Living in a college town chicken wings and beer are king for game gatherings.  Our diverse community offers a very wide choice of cuisines at restaurants, food trucks and farmers markets.  Our major grocery store sells produce and items needed for these cuisines.  There are spices and vegetables I had never heard of.  If there is a proven desire for a product the store Corp will consider looking into purchasing if there are sales for it.

Honored Contributor

Texas is either Chicken Fried Steak, Mexican Food, or Barbecue.  That simple that so good, only trouble making up your mind each day.  Must be the other states listed that do more of the Mango Salsa.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

We're a melting pot of different foods in Oklahoma.  Mexican, Asian, BBQ, seafood, cajun, downhome cooking ... you name it.   I remember visiting the northeast years ago and having a craving for mexican food and we couldn't find a restaurant anywhere that served it. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, mid Atlantic, PA. Lots of meat and potatoes. Right now hot dandelion, bacon and potatoes. Pa Dutch influences menus.