Honored Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

@MENTL wrote:

I cannot stand this fake woman.  Her voice, lips and she looks at least 10 years older than she is.  FAKE, FAKE, FAKE smile.

I think Ree looks great for her age and has a beautiful smile, don't see anything fake about it.

I love the below photo and her first book was so good.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

ImaOldHippie wrote:

I bought Pioneer Womans magazine yesterday at Walmart.  I "thumbed" through it last evening but not read it cover to cover yet.  What immediately impressed me is that there is a minimal amount of ads.  I hope she keeps it that way.  There is a web address to send your opinions and I am going to stress, to keep the ads at a minimum.  Also I found it is appealing to someone my age as well as the younger gals.

@Imaoldhippie  Thanks!  I look forward to picking up a copy.  I'm in my 40s, so it sounds like I'll enjoy it.  Then again, when I was a kid, I read my mom's Good Housekeeping magazines.  I'll read almost anything.  Almost.  :-)  I absolutely hate when a magazine has an overabundance of ads.  It drives me away from it.  Even if it's her products most prominently displayed in the magazine, I don't care.  It's not like anyone's forcing me to buy her stuff.  I can get an idea of what kind of product to use by what she shows, and go shopping myself, choosing whatever. 

Honored Contributor

Please dont turn this into a Ree bashing thread.  If you dont like her just move on.  Her 1st edition is available at Wallmart and some other stores.  I think her 2nd magazine will have subscription info in it.

If you think loading up of cattle is terrible where do you think your beef comes from at the grocery?  Thats cattle ranching, just like pig farming and raising sheep and goats and chicken farms.  Geesh!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

First of all they are very successful cattle ranchers and there is absolutely nothing wrong in killing animals for food- secondly she is no way fake, fake , fake as you say, I have met her on more then one occassion and she is very down to earth, her children are as nice as can be - you are insulting in your comments

Respected Contributor

@MENTL wrote:

I cannot stand this fake woman.  Her voice, lips and she looks at least 10 years older than she is.  FAKE, FAKE, FAKE smile.

Sounds like you don't like happy people.

A fake smile is better than a grumpy attitude.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I bought Pioneer Womans magazine yesterday at Walmart.  I "thumbed" through it last evening but not read it cover to cover yet.  What immediately impressed me is that there is a minimal amount of ads.  I hope she keeps it that way.  There is a web address to send your opinions and I am going to stress, to keep the ads at a minimum.  Also I found it is appealing to someone my age as well as the younger gals.

When Food Network magazine first came out it was the same way, now not so much.

Valued Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

I was looking to subscribe to her magazine and couldn't find anything.

Is it only available at Wal Mart?

@Bri36, for now it's exclusive to Walmart. I'm hoping we'll be able to subscribe at some point as I don't have a Walmart near me.  

Valued Contributor

@MENTL wrote:

Wow....

Honored Contributor

@Sueliz wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

I was looking to subscribe to her magazine and couldn't find anything.

Is it only available at Wal Mart?

@Bri36, for now it's exclusive to Walmart. I'm hoping we'll be able to subscribe at some point as I don't have a Walmart near me.  

Me too @Sueliz because according to the article I found the only other place you can get one today other than Walmart is her store.  As much as I would like to see it one day do not see a trip to OK. even from Texas anytime soon.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

Picked this up on your recommendation and really enjoyed reading this cover to cover....well done magazine.  Thanks!