Honored Contributor

Re: Ree Drummond's nephew critically injured in crash with Ladd Drummond

They obviously didn't think they needed seat belts on all that land, but this proves seat belts should always be worn when driving.

I hope both will recover well.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

They obviously didn't think they needed seat belts on all that land, but this proves seat belts should always be worn when driving.

@mousiegirl I agree with you however, when you are on a farm or ranch you are out there in the pastures and fields, you are constantly climbing in out and out of trucks and on and off equipment, constantly on the move--especially fighting fire.  No way would they be buckling and unbuckling -- just wouldn't happen.

I will say Ladd is a true cowboy--drove himself to the hospital!  What a blessing they will be ok!  

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear that. I've watched the show for so many years that I feel like I know them.  Ree often shows them setting controlled fires on alternating pastures. Is this the time of year for that? Perhaps one of them got out of control. In any case, it's tragic and just goes to show that all the money in the world doesn't save you from challenges and heartache.  Wishing them lots of strength.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I think I read someplace that the truck her husband was driving wasn't equipped with seatbelts (perhaps an older truck?) & the nephew wasn't wearing the seatbelt in the one he was in.  They must've been going at a fast clip if the nephew was thrown 70 ft., he's lucky to be alive.