Frequent Contributor

Re: Ree Drummond - Hard Boiled Eggs In Gravy

IMHO I can only think of two ways I want to eat hard boiled eggs.  Sliced on a chef salad.  Devilled.

Honored Contributor

I had to put this entire thread on "Mark as Read" because every time I see it bolded with new posts it makes my stomach turn.  

Super Contributor

Oh that sounds nasty 🤮 

Regular Contributor

As a young child my mother was recuperating from surgery.  Dad cooked a meatloaf with hard boiled egg inside.  I was fascinated and kept asking how he got the eggs to cook in a perfect shape....Had no idea they were hard boiled prior to being put inside the meat loaf!

Trusted Contributor

The only thing that comes anywhere close to eggs in gravy is the way we put boiled eggs in our gumbo here in La. Everyone does it differently, but I boil and peel and then put in gumbo whole. They get a delicious taste.

Respected Contributor

@gillsburg wrote:

It must be a southern thing. I'm from Mississippi and we HAVE to have gibklet gravy with chopped hard boiled eggs in it. 

@gillsburg :  Sorry but this southern gal has never had any gravy with hard boiled eggs, or anything that resembles that LOL.  Sounds disgusting to me but I am sure someone loves it.