Respected Contributor

Re: Recommendations For A Kitchen Blender

I have an Oster blender that worked just fine for my needs but I was tempted by the sales presentation and purchased an expensive Vitamix.  It now sits in my cupboard and only gets used occasionally.   My Oster blender gets used much more frequently.  

I don't regret the Vitamix purchase because it does have a multitude of uses but the Oster is just so much easier for me to grab and use when I just want to blend a drink.

I do agree with others who said that if you use a blender everyday the Vitamix is probably a better choice.

Esteemed Contributor

I also recommend trying a Ninja again, especially if you liked yours. I have a fancy-ish Ninja blender/processor I bought from the Q several years ago that I wish they would bring back; I have so many family members and friends that want one! I don't really do smoothies or shakes, but I still use it a ton for all kinds of specialty tasks, and it is holding up perfectly.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have a kitchen aid and we love it. I use it everyday.I just checked the blend and the book didn't say what the wattage is just horse power.I blend 2 blender full of  ice coffee with a tray of ice every morning and rewipe what's left a couple times. And we have had it over a year and it works great. And goes in the dishwasher with no problem. As soon people have recomended a ninja. We had a ninja. Its good for alot of things. But for blending drinks with ice I didn't care for it. That's why I bought the kitchen aid blender. Good luck.

Valued Contributor

I've also had my Oster blender since 1970.  Works fine, but I did find a replacement blade and new gasket at the grocery store one time and it was very inexpensive.

Respected Contributor

Customer qvc. You certainly got your moneys worth out of your blender since 1970. They don't last like that anymore.

Respected Contributor

My blender is a Kitchen Aid.  Using for 4 years.  Wish it had a glass pitcher - it is heavy duty plastic and does have some staining now, and it also leaks a tiny bit after use.  Always have to wipe off the base where the pitcher sits as always has drips of my smoothie.

But works OK and it was cheap - got at WalMart.  I would buy another one, but w/everyone recommending Oster or VitaMix, I might go for the Oster.  Turns me off that VitaMix is so expensive and the pitcher is plastic.  I much prefer glass and for that kind of $$$, it should be.  jmo

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Contributor

I adore my Vitamix. Got it at Costco, though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love our Vitamix. It's on the counter so we can use it.

I also have a brand new Oster Beehive blender. Think I used it once maybe twice before I bought the Vitamix. My oster is in the cabinet.

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

My blender is a Kitchen Aid.  Using for 4 years.  Wish it had a glass pitcher - it is heavy duty plastic and does have some staining now, and it also leaks a tiny bit after use.  Always have to wipe off the base where the pitcher sits as always has drips of my smoothie.

But works OK and it was cheap - got at WalMart.  I would buy another one, but w/everyone recommending Oster or VitaMix, I might go for the Oster.  Turns me off that VitaMix is so expensive and the pitcher is plastic.  I much prefer glass and for that kind of $$$, it should be.  jmo

@jellyBEAN Vitamix blender containers are a great grade of plastic and are far lighter and easier to handle than the old glass ones.  To me it is a plus.