Honored Contributor

Recommendation for Electric Carving Knife

Please share your experiences.

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendation for Electric Carving Knife

I received a harvest gold Hamilton Beach as a bridal shower gift 44 yrs. ago and it's still going strong.  

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I received a harvest gold Hamilton Beach as a bridal shower gift 44 yrs. ago and it's still going strong.  

I had the same, and it lasted 30+ years before giving up the ghost.  I bought a new one (Black and Decker maybe?), and the blades are SO flimsy.  It gets the job done (barely), but wow...treasure your harvest gold Hamilton Beach!!!!

Frequent Contributor

Curtis Stone (HSN) has a great one.  NO CORD!!!  Rechargeable with two sets of blades. 

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch I had this one in avocado green and it was 26 years old and still going strong when my ex and I split up. (He kept it.)

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, the brand name has been washed off of the side of mine, but I went to a kitchen store and got what felt comfortable in my hand.  It is a national brand.

Valued Contributor

I had one from 45-50 years ago and I found a good sharp knife was better.  A proper knife leaves a cleaner cut.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 

Okay, so no one flame me, but I only ever used the electric knife to cut foam. It was perfect for that use. I am pretty sure it was a Hamilton Beach. I've never actually seen anyone use an electric knife on meat.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Thanks all for suggestions.  I ended up getting a Black and Decker at Boscov's for $15.  We shall see how it works.  

Contributor

Before I ordered one, I checked America's Test Kitchen product reviews.  They recommended the Black and Decker. Surprisingly, it was very inexpensive.  Mine is  9" Comfort grip and works great.  Also has a 2 year manufacturer's warranty.