Trusted Contributor

Recommendation Request Non Stick Skillet.

I have had poor luck with non stick skillets,  they are start peeling or lose their non stick properties.  I do not put them in the oven or dishwasher. 

Any brand recommendations that you found successful?

Thank you and have a nice day.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Recommendation Request Non Stick Skillet.

The best is Curtis Stone -HSN.  I've had them all.

Honored Contributor

If I truly need to use a non-stick skillet, I go to my Le Creuset. 

But, honestly, that's rare as I cook almost everything in  18/10 stainless steel skillets--that most people would pull out a Teflon (or the like) pan.  They don't have a place in my kitchen!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Calcgirl  Over a year ago I posed a similar question to the Forum. Most people recommended Curtis Stone Durapans. I bought the 3 skillet set, and they are still nonstick. They clean up perfectly. The outsides of the pans can stain, but the insides are like new.

Trusted Contributor

What brand of stainless steel skillets do you use? 

Honored Contributor

As much as I like Curtis Stone durapan cookware, the longest lasting set of nonstick cookware I have used is a Hard Anodized set I got from Costco years ago.  I still use all of that cookware and it still looks like new (except the bottoms).  I have only had to replace one piece, and that is the large saute pan that I'm sure deteriorated because I use high heat with that one.  I replaced it with a Curtis Stone fry pan a couple of years ago, and I can tell that one is getting dark inside and will also eventually deteriorate.  I got my husband a Curtis Stone pan for his eggs and after probably 3 or 4 years of using it pretty much daily and no high heat it is losing it's nonstick properties too.  I have the same exact pan, but I don't use it near as often and it is still like new. 

I no longer buy sets, only replacing pans as I need them.  When it comes time, I'm not sure whether I'll replace my large saute pan with HA or Curtis Stone, but my guess is probably Curtis Stone only because I think it may be difficult to find a stand-alone HA one.  

Contributor

I have  the OXO 8 and 10 or 12 skillets.  Bought about three years ago and these are the best things ever.  There is no sign of peeling, scratching or failing in any way.  At the time I didn't even know OXO made nonstick pans.  All I know is I'm done with replacing my nonstick pan every year or so--and they were name brand pans too.  You won't go wrong with this brand.  Good luck.

Trusted Contributor

@Calcgirl   America's Test Kitchen recommends T-Fal non stick skillets.

Also have you thought about the pre-seasoned Lodge Cast Iron skillets. You don't have to do anything extra with them. They naturally tend to be heavy depending what size you need.

Trusted Contributor

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS!

Trusted Contributor

Cook's Essentials....love it  Smiley Happy