Honored Contributor

I'd have to say my latest disappointment was tempura fried something or other, maybe zucchini.  I have a friend who excels at this kind of thing, so I tried it after a many year's hiatus. I'll wait until she does it again, too much mess for me.   

Honored Contributor

Sometimes your first effort is fabulous, like the boeuf burgignone (probably spelled wrong) I got from a Julia Childs cookbook years and years ago.  Maybe its because you are being so darn careful and follow directions so well, but any attempts since then have been pretty blah. 

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

You cracked me up, @wildcat fan !!!!!

Hey, got an easy-peasy cauliflower recipe for you - and it doesn't dirty anything!

Cut off the green base of a head of cauliflower and rub  the rest with a little evoo.  Place into over-safe pan, surround with small tomatoes (e.g., cherrytomatoes) sprinkled with evoo.  Salt and pepper as desired.  I also throw a tiny bit of red pepper flakes (I share this with my furbaby and not sure if too much spice is good for dogs).  Place it on the mid rack of 400* oven.  Then do nothing and leave it in there for one hour.  Yummmmm!

You can also add garlic but I omit 'cause not sure if it would be good for Eddy.  

If you try it, I hope you enjoy!

This is a version from Jessica Seinfeld's Food Swings book.

@eddyandme I just wanted to share that I tried your roasted cauliflower recipe this evening and it was really good!  So much tastier than my last attempt, and the best parts were that my husband liked it too and I didn't set off the smoke alarms.  😂 Thanks again for sharing.  😊 I will definitely make it again.

Honored Contributor

I have a theory about newer cookbook writers. They have a concept to write 80 or how many recipes in a varied selection.  That's how you end up with wierdo things like chicken and peaches. If something like this hasn't come down from someone's old family favorite, I don't even want to try it.