Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

I feel your pain and frustration.  I have about a 90% failure rate, so no exemle(s) as the list would be far too long.

Esteemed Contributor

On the bright side, now you know what you do not like.  That is also very valuable.

Esteemed Contributor

I hear ya @QVCkitty1 except last week I had a recipe fail with very few ingredients.  🤣

I was trying to prepare something a little on the healthy side, so I decided to try Lisa Robertson's infamous roasted cauliflower recipe as a side dish.  In prep stage, I managed to get tiny bits of cauliflower all over the countertop and floor.  My eyes were burning and watery from cutting the onion.  When I went to check on it 20 minutes earlier than she suggested, a big dark plume of smoke flew out of the oven which set off two smoke detectors, so we had to call the home security people to say false alarm.  When we finally sat down at the table, I asked my husband what he thought about it.  He hesitated then quietly said, "It seems to be missing something."  🙄Never. Again. 🤣

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop 

I would think the simmer time on that recipe would've only been 4-5 minutes.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@BunSnoop 

I would think the simmer time on that recipe would've only been 4-5 minutes.

@RedTop   That's what I think. 

Esteemed Contributor

You cracked me up, @wildcat fan !!!!!

Hey, got an easy-peasy cauliflower recipe for you - and it doesn't dirty anything!

Cut off the green base of a head of cauliflower and rub  the rest with a little evoo.  Place into over-safe pan, surround with small tomatoes (e.g., cherrytomatoes) sprinkled with evoo.  Salt and pepper as desired.  I also throw a tiny bit of red pepper flakes (I share this with my furbaby and not sure if too much spice is good for dogs).  Place it on the mid rack of 400* oven.  Then do nothing and leave it in there for one hour.  Yummmmm!

You can also add garlic but I omit 'cause not sure if it would be good for Eddy.  

If you try it, I hope you enjoy!

This is a version from Jessica Seinfeld's Food Swings book.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you so much for sharing that recipe @eddyandme.  It looks really easy, so I may be able to pull that off!   I love tomatoes but haven't thought about roasting them.  I'm going to buy the ingredients next time I go to the store.  I'll let you know how it goes.  😊

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Been there and done that..

Nothing ventured nothing gained..

You'll never get those 3 hours back..

Just put a match to that money..

Take time to heal emotionally. ...

Remind yourself that there is no success without failure. ..

Learn from your mistakes. ...

Create a positive mindset. ..

Do not dwell on your mistakes, accept them. ...

Find the opportunity to grow. ...

Choose to be happy. ...

Use your mistakes to master your art.

There are times I  hate cooking 

Trusted Contributor

"Been there done that", many times.  Just to save everyone from the same mistake, do not make that chicken with peaches concoction from Ellie's Real Good Food.  Trust me, it's not real good!  Blech!  😠

Respected Contributor

At least 50 years ago, I made a seven-layer dessert that sounded amazing.

It was very tricky arranging the layers, and the ultimate taste was uninteresting. 

I've steered away from similar sounding creations since then.