Contributor

Received several boxes of Honeybells & sent quite a few to others. Anyone notice a change from several years ago in quality & sweetness? Two years ago, they were amazing. So, so sweet, few seeds, no overripe ones. I fell in love with them and craved them. This year I had quite a few sour ones, some overripe which had to be thrown away. Only about 60% were of the same quality as 2 winters ago. These are not the Western variety...they came the beginning and middle of Jan. Just wondered if we can expect the original quality in future years.

Honored Contributor

We order from a different grove in Florida that Q sells, (cheaper) and I thought this year's crop was not sweet at all. Better tasting Halos at the grocery this year than the honeybells we got.

Don't know if it was the growing season, or if they are picking and shipping too early or what, but I have heard people who purchase from different groves comment on how the taste just wasn't there this year.

Trusted Contributor

Because Honeybells are grown on trees and not manufactured in a factory, the quality can change year to year based upon the conditions of the growing season. Some seasons are good; some are not. This is the case with many agricultural products.

Super Contributor
Call customer service and get your money back. You do not have to return the fruit. I lived in Central Florida for a number of years and the crops, taste and texture do vary from year to year. It's always a c r a p shoot. This year mine were dry....not juicy at all.