Honored Contributor

Rec'd CE cast iron TSV today 👎🏻

first off box was delivered to door. NO possible way I could pick it up! I dragged it inside the door -- omg I had to wrap a scarf around my face the box had a very strong acrid/musty  smell.  Upon opening I almost gagged the boxes smelled like pesticides/petroleum smell.

after I wrestled the pieces out of the box I'm disappointed in the quality.  The thickness of the edges is thin in some spot thick iI other parts of the rims.

and I must say they are much heavier-than indicated by Meredith.  I got rid of my LC pieces for that reason.  I bought this set as ahousewarming gift and now I'm wondering if they'll be too heavy for her & she's a young 52 with back issues!

ill keep all the boxes and info in case she doesn't want it.  It is beautiful color blue!

Honored Contributor

Re: Rec'd CE cast iron TSV today 👎🏻

Well thats is a drag!! I was never going to order that set as it is way too heavy and I'm just not impressed with that type of cookware anyway. I have one small pot that looks awful--all chipped and the interior is a dingy yellowish white and crazed---waste of $$. I LOVE Curtis Stones durapan cookware and that is what I will buy bit by bit. What a chore to have to send it back tho! You know you can have UPS or USPS come get it from your house, right??

Respected Contributor

I was very pleased with my set.  It didn't smell at all.  It's cast iron, I expected it to be heavy.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  If I felt that way about it I would go ahead and return it.  You can have UPS pick it up from your house.  I would never tell someone I didn't want a gift, and your friend might not tell you either.  I wouldn't be interested in cast iron cookware because of the weight.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack

My friend did love it BUT much too heavy for her ... BUT, I was able to SELL IT to another friend...no loss in return shipping.   I told my friend I would get her a gift card to the store of her choice...worked out for everyone!  She picked Williams Sonoma.

And once it was out of the box ... no smell.  Although I received a VPH item today and that box smells worse!!!  Not the contents just the box...love my new VPH foiled egg candle rings...