Honored Contributor

But it's only $1 a day on easy pay!!!

::wink::

But seriously a knife purchase should be the same as any other purchase.   You look at the material & workmanship, look at the quality of the manufacturing.    Price sometimes can be irrelevent.    

I'm sure her knife is top of the line but I get good service from my less expensive knives, that I treat well.   I don't soak them in the sink, I don't run them through the dishwasher & I keep them sharp.

@luvdoodles wrote:

Nothing against RR but that price is crazy for one knife. Just buy K44653, one of the best little knife sharpeners I have ever had. My mother bought the set of 3 and kept one and gave one to me and by brother. Makes your knives like brand new. Around $26 for the set of three. I would give this little sharper 5 stars.

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 lol - I'm laughing because while the knives I was thinking of when I wrote are Henkels, my ex and I had several discusssions about who got our Cutco's which we also bought in the 60's or maybe the early 70's.  I got the slicer; that and a Henkel paring knife are pretty much all I use in my small NY apartment.

Respected Contributor

@HonnyBrown wrote:

My Cutco Double D cost way more than that.  I gave it to my Mom, and I'm now using my colorful cheap ones.  I'm getting another Cutco soon.

@HonnyBrown

FYI, I was at Costco this past Tuesday and saw Cutco knives being sold.  I hope they're as good as they used to be.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@AKgirl2 lol - I'm laughing because while the knives I was thinking of when I wrote are Henkels, my ex and I had several discusssions about who got our Cutco's which we also bought in the 60's or maybe the early 70's.  I got the slicer; that and a Henkel paring knife are pretty much all I use in my small NY apartment.

@millieshops ~ I'm using my Cutco utility knife and Henckle paring, chef, and utility knives.  They're all you need!  Such great knives, and I just love them.  I was at Costco this last Tuesday and they were selling Cutco knives, but I didn't have time to take a look.  One could always use a backup in a favorite knive😉

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@HonnyBrown wrote:

My Cutco Double D cost way more than that.  I gave it to my Mom, and I'm now using my colorful cheap ones.  I'm getting another Cutco soon.

@HonnyBrown

FYI, I was at Costco this past Tuesday and saw Cutco knives being sold.  I hope they're as good as they used to be.

Oh my goodness thanks so much for this @AKgirl2 as I just checked and the Cutco roadshow is at my Costco this week . . . I can't wait to see what they have . . . thank you!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@HonnyBrown wrote:

@HonnyBrown

Oh my goodness thanks so much for this @AKgirl2 as I just checked and the Cutco roadshow is at my Costco this week . . . I can't wait to see what they have . . . thank you!  Smiley Happy

@momtochloe ~ You bet!  I hope you find something you like/need.  

Honored Contributor

I agree with others that that is not all that much to pay for a good quality knife, not for any of these celeb cook/chef, Made in China, knives however.

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@HonnyBrown wrote:

@HonnyBrown

@momtochloe ~ You bet!  I hope you find something you like/need.  

@AKgirl2 please know I will probably be window shopping as I cannot swing an expensive knife at this point in my life but I have heard so much about the brand I cannot wait to take a look.

My real target will be the Boursin cheese packs that are on special this month . . . I love those things so will stock up on those!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

You can easily pay well over $100. for a high quality knife.  QVC sells a plethora of junky knives that hold an edge about 5 minutes (or less).

I think most of the kitchen stuff the Q sells is junk.  That's why I don't watch any of their kitchen programming anymore.  If they actually offered a show featuring "the good stuff" I might watch.  (Of course, knowing the Q, any "good stuff" they offered could be found elsewhere for less and with free shipping. Smiley LOL)

And, as you stated, $100 isn't a lot for a good knife.

I don't mean for this post to sound snobby; I'm just really tired of "junk" (and not just on the kitchen shows.)

Regular Contributor

Can I safely assume this knife is made in China?

Without getting into the matter, if I am paying good money for a knife or knives, I do not want Chinese made implements.