Respected Contributor

Nothing against RR but that price is crazy for one knife. Just buy K44653, one of the best little knife sharpeners I have ever had. My mother bought the set of 3 and kept one and gave one to me and by brother. Makes your knives like brand new. Around $26 for the set of three. I would give this little sharper 5 stars.

Honored Contributor

I would never pay that for a knife, but I know the really good brands, like Wustoff, are quite expensive.

Respected Contributor

Sorry to disagree, but there is nothing like a good expensive knife that can last a lifetime.  I've had my fill of cheap knives. 

Honored Contributor

I have paid more than that for a good chef knife and it is still going strong.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have this knife and it is fabulous.  I use it every day and wish that there was a smaller version of it just because sometimes I just want to use a smaller knife. 

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Quality knives are pricey, but what a difference they make while using.  Anything of quality is expensive, and I always believed you (usually) get what you pay for.

Super Contributor

They have one of these available in the "As Is" section for a little less. http://www.qvc.com/As-Is-Rachael-Ray-8-Japanese-Stainless-Steel-Damascus-Knife.product.K307669.html?...

Honored Contributor

You can easily pay well over $100. for a high quality knife.  QVC sells a plethora of junky knives that hold an edge about 5 minutes (or less).

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

You can easily pay well over $100. for a high quality knife.  QVC sells a plethora of junky knives that hold an edge about 5 minutes (or less).

Add HSN in there too, I have a whole set of WP knives that are completely junk, nice looking, but junk! The nicest part of them is the wooden knife block. I have a Cook's Essential Groovetech knfe that I absolutely love though 

Honored Contributor

I have several knives I've had since the 1960's when I first set up my own kntchen.  We paid big money for them at the time. I think even then the big chef's knife was over the $100. mark.

Ironically, when I'm done using them, the youngsters in the family want them.  Wish that were true for my jewelry and some of the decorative items I've also paid good money for over the years. Who knew!