Honored Contributor

Re: Re-thinking Host Food Consumption on Shows

This same issue is rehashed many times here on the forums.

I really don't care what QVC or any other business does.  I have no involvement and I am not paid to give advice or critique business practices.

I don't understand why anyone cares if the host's eat or not or how much they eat or how much is wasted or thrown away.

A certain Host does eat, roll his eyes and dances.  It must work.  He moves a lot of merchandise.  

There is nothing I can do about it and it is a normal business practice.

When you run your own food shows, you get to direct.  When someone else does, you get no say in the matter.  Most people just let it go or don't watch if it bothers them that much.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I didn't read all of the OP - too long with no paragraphs to break it up, but I get the general idea.

Same complaint, new poster.  It isn't going to change anything.

@BizLiz  and for any "new" posters, it might help, if you break up long posts.  Makes for much easier reading!

Honored Contributor

@BizLiz  the only effective way to get a change would be to gets the many shoppers who buy QVC food to but less and less of it.  

Honored Contributor

@Keybra   Unless you are donating the money you saved by not buying the QVC food, I do not understand how not buying it helps the hungry.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette   Makes sense to me, but it also makes sense to me that for all the millions of homes in which people are cooking more, there are also millions more ordering prepared food from QVC and elsewhere.  

Honored Contributor

The food eating/donation controversy is on-going, constant and tedious.  One thing's for sure, QVC is damned if they do; damned if they don't.  Nobody is ever satisfied over this earth-shaking issue. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I prefer they not eat.  Make stupid faces and chew as if there is no tomorrow.  Doesn't make me buy.  Not necessary really and sort of wasting the products.  They display lobster as if it is nothing and then charge a high price to the customer but waste as if nothing. Some hosts overdo more than others too.

Bugs me.  Some hosts are just plain obnoxious.   Not watching any more tonight and need a break.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Roscoe the Rascal wrote:

I prefer they not eat.  Make stupid faces and chew as if there is no tomorrow.  Doesn't make me buy.  Not necessary really and sort of wasting the products.  They display lobster as if it is nothing and then charge a high price to the customer but waste as if nothing. Some hosts overdo more than others too.

Bugs me.  Some hosts are just plain obnoxious.   Not watching any more tonight and need a break.

@Roscoe the Rascal  You are so right.  Absolutely cannot watch some of those food show hosts!

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

How would you know the food is edible, no less very good, unless they eat it live on air?  Smiley Happy

Well if it isn't very good the host eating it sure won't be the one to tell the viewers.

Valued Contributor

@BizLiz  After watching the Food Awards, I'm giving some kudos to all of the hosts who are expected to try everything. I couldn't do it. I wonder what the host does if the item is awful? I absolutely can not or even get near green/wax/lima beans. Not even in soup..anything. If I was expected to eat them and try to make a sales pitch, I'd fail miserably! I don't mind the hosts eating, as long as it's not a food I have an aversion to. Okay..my secret is out! 😖