Honored Contributor

Re: Re-heating prime rib . . . what's the best way?

I agree with the others to NOT nuke it (unless you are doing what DiAnne does) as that will destroy it.

We like meat more cooked so, for us, the grill pan or sauté pan is the answer - just a quick turn on a hot pan (I use a little butter) will heat it up before cooking it too much.

Honored Contributor

Slice it paper thin and make beef dip sandwiches. And electric meat slicer is perfect for this.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I would just get it out and let it warm to room temp. I actually really like it like that.

Super Contributor

I did nuke it for less than a minute to take off the chill, with the au jus, and it was perfect.

Super Contributor

Restaurants re-heat prime rib by setting the slice in a pan of hot au jus or beef broth for a few minutes.

NEVER PUT PRIME RIB IN THE MICROWAVE- are you kidding me?????

Honored Contributor

Used the last of our prime rib for fajitas today.
Trusted Contributor

On 12/26/2014 Bestdressed said:
On 12/26/2014 kitty60 said:

When we have a slice or two left I always make a beef stroganoff. I make the sauce and then add the sliced meat to reheat. It comes out great.

Saute 1 cup chopped onion in 3 tablespoons melted butter. Add 3 tablespoons flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook for a few minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup beef stock , cook until slightly thickened. Stir in 1 tablespoon catsup. Cook a few minutes. Add the prime rib that has been sliced in small slices. (you can also add some mushrooms if you have them) Stir in 1 cup sour cream and 3 tablespoon white wine (optional). Cook 4-5 minutes. Serve over rice or noodles. Tasty and it doesn't ruin the meat.

I think I will do that today! Hmmm sounds good and I have all the ingredients. Thanks!
Thanks Kitty60... I made your beef stroganoff recipe yesterday and it was delicious ! Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

Glad you enjoyed, wishing I had snitched some of the leftover I left at my sons house for him to snack on.

Honored Contributor

I just nuked my prime rib from Christmas. It isn't rocket science. Mine was delicious the second day per my microwave.

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

On 12/28/2014 ID2 said:

I just nuked my prime rib from Christmas. It isn't rocket science. Mine was delicious the second day per my microwave.

Did your microwave eat it? lol