Trusted Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone Dura-Pan Nonstick 14" Multipurpose Pan with Lid and 5 Recipe Cards

[ Edited ]

Hello Foodies,

I saw the Curtis Stone Dura-Pan Nonstick 14" Multipurpose Pan with Lid and 5 Recipe on HSN last month but was undecided between Curtis Stone and Copper Chef.  But C.S. Multipurpose Pan was sold out @ $59.95, before I could order.    Smiley Sad.   I've decided to try the Curtis Stone  because of its 5 star reviews.  But, it is currently sold out.   Smiley Sad    I'm hoping  the pan will be offered again.        Maybe the pan will be offered before or on HSN Black Friday sale?    Smiley Happy

For those who own it, a few, questions:

It looks pretty shallow.  Is that a  negative against the pan?

Did you get the steamer(s).

Is the non-stick really durable, and can metal utensils  be used without scratching or taking off the non-stick?

Can you use olive oil to cook with?  Copper,chef does not recommend using olive oil in their pans.  That was a deal breaker for me.

Is it a practical pan for searing meats, like beef steaks and pork chops?

Grill or steam seafood, like fish, clams, or shrimp?

Sautéed vegetables?

What do you cook in your Curtis Stone Dura-Pan Nonstick 14" Multipurpose Pan with Lid?

Thank you for any advice, and feedback.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone Dura-Pan Nonstick 14" Multipurpose Pan with Lid and 5 Recipe Cards

I have that pan, @EatWell.  I also have the rectangle grill pan, and a set of the cookware.  I have had the Multipurpose pan the longest.  I feel that this is a very nice line, considering the price.  So far, it is all holding up, but then I don't cook that often LOL and I haven't had it that long.  It all has a nice weight to it.  You can use metal utensils and olive oil.  I did not get the steamer inserts.   Your questions about the different uses for food, I would say, YES!  I have fried eggs, made burgers, made a meat loaf - I like that it can go into the oven.  My only complaint so far about this line is that the pan and lid handles get hot. The Rachael Ray handles had a coating that didn't heat up. 

I tried this line because the copper stuff had terrible reviews.  Also, my Rachael Ray cookware's nonstick started to chip off.  Again, I don't cook that much and I was disappointed to say the least.  I have returned many Cook's Essential pans and yes, they replace with what they have that compares, but I have to say "What a hassle!!!". 

I would get on the wait list and give it a try!  Good luck!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs

Very helpful comments.

Thank you,

Honored Contributor

@EatWell

First I want to give a 👍🏻 for CS products.  I own the 3 pc skillet set, cooling rack & cookie sheets.  

I have had skillets for at least 6 months & I use metal utensils (sometimes), olive or veg oil (never a spray like Pam), food slides in pan nothing sticks, baked in them, everything cooks evenly - pan has not warped & I use a medium heat mostly but high heat no problem & best thing...

Clean up excellent! Nothing sticks - just like he shows food tastes do not transfer to pan and I use light soap & water.  They look as nice as the day I took them out of the box (inside & out).

Cookie sheets:  At first I was concerned they were "dark" and I would need to adjust cooking time & temp. Oh my the things I've made from sheet cake brownies to nachos slide off.  Cookies bake evenly & golden brown.

I returned the multi-purpose pan for 1 reason: to shallow inside cooking surface for things I cook.  Diameter was great but I found I have a Gordon Ramsey chefs pan w/lid 14" I bought years ago from Q and its my go to everyday pan & has 2.5" sides.  Another product I love!

I'm so impressed with CS Durapans I can't wait to see what his TS is on 9/3 because I am slowly tossing my old & tired Cooks Essentials, Techniques, Faberware, & more - Ive gotten my $$$ worth out of these pans!!!

These are my pans after 6+ months (top) & the bottom one is a skillet that is about 5 months old from CE set I bought when it was on "clearance".  You can see the inside is dull, scratched & yes, I definitely need to use some kind of butter, etc. or everything sticks). FYI: this CE is what all my others look like inside & they are ready for trash.

IMG_2034.JPG

A few of my friends have ditched Copper Chef pan bought from Q, and other places - they are a mess.  One is a great cook & I just think she was annoyed everything sticks & I think she said they need to be "seasoned" often.  Although, I never bought them so personally I can't say.

hope this helps! 

Respected Contributor

My first CS purchase was the set of 3 fry pans with lids. Each pan & lid was boxed separately & made a nice presentation, I was really pleased as I planned to gift 2 of them. After trying out my pan making scrambled eggs I was sold...no sticking, easy cleanup & the stone color was so pretty... I kept all 3 & went back to purchase a complete set of cookware. I don't have the pan you mentioned but highly recommend CS, promise you will not be disappointed...my pans are 3 years old & look & cook like new. My daughter in laws are getting the fry pans for Christmas this year.